Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Engine miss after highway downshift

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 04:41 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Engine miss after highway downshift

ORIGINAL: Dan64456

Ok, so I have to get it replaced.. Some people said that the fuel pump issue only affected 2005 models, but I gues they were wrong... So in a nutshell tell them to make sure the O ring is in place with the fuel pump order... And how do I get them to replace it if I can't reproduce the problem since it is intermittent?

Thanks for all of your help...
You don't need to reproduce anything for them, They hooked mine up to a computer and I guess it throws some kind of code at them, I duno maybe we have like a black box data recorder like airplanes that records problems and crap. Who knows, somehow they found a problem code with mine, even though I couldnt reproduce it for about a week and a half.

This seems like such a common problem now, theres like 5 threads about this, maybe ford should just get off their a$$ and make it right instead of us telling them what's wrong, and not even supplying all the parts for the fix.........UGHHHHH... Big business these days.
Old 08-07-2006, 04:59 PM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

My car did this same thing and I printed the TSB and took it to a local dealer. They did the fuel pump replacement and all is great since. Maybe it's my imagination, but it seems smoother than before in everyday driving.
Old 08-07-2006, 05:09 PM
backinblack06
3rd Gear Member

No It's not your imagination. I thought I was imagining things too, but my service manager told me they are upgraded pumps, and pushing somewhere in the neighborhood of 150 litres per hour. Our stock ones were barely breaking 100 litres per hour he said.

I'm glad everything worked out good for you, It's so exciting when things work they way they should.
Old 08-07-2006, 06:42 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

black06Gt---3 or 4 times is enough for me! It happened that way to me as well as a few other ways. As far as it "not seeming like that much of a problem to you", when you try to downshift and punch to move out of someones way you will see just how important that 3 or 4 secs is!! Be safe bro..

Darkfact---lol what cha gonna do?? sooo funny.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:39 PM
Dan64456
1st Gear Member

It is such a hassle for me to go to the dealer... I work the exact hours that everything is open, and every bit of traffic is out. I will take it after my vacation. I want the better fuel pump anyway!
Old 08-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

It is such a hassle for me to go to the dealer... I work the exact hours that everything is open, and every bit of traffic is out. I will take it after my vacation. I want the better fuel pump anyway!
Just schedule it with your dealer. They're normally open between 7am and 5pm during the week and 8-4 on the weekends..at least in my area they are.

They should give you a free rental too so you won't be out of a car.
Old 08-09-2006, 03:46 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Hey I know what you mean Dan64. What can I tell you. Go at night and drop it off after every thing has slowed down. I never like to go there during the day because of the same reasons unless I am off that day. Most times I tell service that I will drop it off at night so they will have it the next day. My dealer closes at 9pm so I leave the keys with the sales guy or sales manager. They block it in with a couple of cars to help protect it. If you gotta wait then I guess you gotta wait till after vacation. Good luck
Old 08-09-2006, 03:56 PM
Dan64456
1st Gear Member

I am about at 4100 miles now... I may as well wait till I hit 5000 so I can get the Oil change and tire rotation at the same time... If I give them 6 bottles of Mobile1 5w20 full syn, and a filter, would they change it for me with that stuff?

I guess I'll tell them about the problem when I ask to schedule the oil change...

If I change my own oil, I won't void the warranty? (for future reference, I'd much rather do my own oil)
Old 08-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

I am about at 4100 miles now... I may as well wait till I hit 5000 so I can get the Oil change and tire rotation at the same time... If I give them 6 bottles of Mobile1 5w20 full syn, and a filter, would they change it for me with that stuff?

I guess I'll tell them about the problem when I ask to schedule the oil change...

If I change my own oil, I won't void the warranty? (for future reference, I'd much rather do my own oil)
um, not a chance. . .

unless you put like bacon grease in it or something. . . ha ha
Old 08-09-2006, 05:43 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Yeah, you might as well wait till 5k. They made me stop coming so quick because I was getting it changed every 3k. My oil changes are free but they told me its every 5k not every 3 like I had been getting done. 8k on it now but like I say they kicked me back to the 5k changes. So I guess I would wait too.

Quick Reply: Engine miss after highway downshift