Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can you chirp the tires from a dead stop (auto tranny)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2006, 10:50 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can you chirp the tires from a dead stop (auto tranny)?

ORIGINAL: richmod

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

i dunno about you guys. . . but i like the fact that these cars are harder to spin the tires than most . . .

if your spinnin', you ain't goin'

Well, that's the problem - it aint goin' either. I stomp it, it slowly accelerates (lag) then seems to kick in. I thought it was a common issue due to the factory tune, buy judging from these responses and the poll results thus far, I'm starting to think I have a problem.
i dunno man. . . unless you have really hot weather and its leaning itself out a bit. . .

i suggest going to the track and just lettin' her rip. . . see what you get and let us know. . .

if its like 14.5+, then you may have a serious prob. . .

but if you get around 14.0's or 13's. . . then the prob is in ya head. . . too high expectations :-)

i mean that in the nicest way possible lol
Old 08-07-2006, 10:52 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

i dunno about you guys. . . but i like the fact that these cars are harder to spin the tires than most . . .

Well, that's the problem - it aint goin' either. I stomp it, it slowly accelerates (lag) then seems to kick in. I thought it was a common issue due to the factory tune, buy judging from these responses and the poll results thus far, I'm starting to think I have a problem.
i dunno man. . . unless you have really hot weather and its leaning itself out a bit. . .

i suggest going to the track and just lettin' her rip. . . see what you get and let us know. . .

but if you get around 14.0's or 13's. . . then the prob is in ya head. . . too high expectations :-)

well, it is REALLY hot here in Cary, NC (high 90's, unbelievable humidity lately). maybe that's it. hope so.
Old 08-07-2006, 10:55 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

thats probobly it dude. . .

you should take it to the track anyway. . . so you know for sure. . .

couldnt hurt

every track has a test n' tune night, usually about 20 bucks, make some passes . . .

i did, and love it. . . its addictive though
Old 08-07-2006, 11:13 PM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

I think most people should also add what year they have, what size tires and what gears. So many different things in the mix. I have a standard and only 800 miles so i havent tried yet, but i am sure i will have no problem.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:29 PM
rnail
1st Gear Member

I haven't been able to chirp mine either. It doesn't lag per say, but it just does not jump off the line. As it gets going it really winds up. Passes very well at speed. I don't know. Could be the heat. I have 18 in rims, stock BFGs. It's been in the 100-101 degree range, upper 90's at night, so could be the heat.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:32 PM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

well, it is REALLY hot here in Cary, NC (high 90's, unbelievable humidity lately). maybe that's it. hope so.
i dunno if that would be the cause of your lag, it may worsen it though, i'm in charlotte. if i stomp it, my car begins to fishtail like a beast from the start. i tap it and it'll spin, no lag from the start. I only get the lag if i'm already speeding and want to pass a car.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:38 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: rnail

I haven't been able to chirp mine either. It doesn't lag per say, but it just does not jump off the line. As it gets going it really winds up. Passes very well at speed. I don't know. Could be the heat. I have 18 in rims, stock BFGs. It's been in the 100-101 degree range, upper 90's at night, so could be the heat.
That's my exact situation. Weather, tires, response - everything.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:40 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Anomalus1

i'm in charlotte. if i stomp it, my car begins to fishtail like a beast from the start. i tap it and it'll spin, no lag from the start.
Do others really have this kind of response? If so, there is DEFINITELY a problem with my car.
Old 08-07-2006, 11:53 PM
W1ldcat
3rd Gear Member

Mine with 18's stocks BFG's chirps them, but I drove an auto with stock 17's and it could spin more. Not near the traction the 18's have.. Was fun though..
Old 08-08-2006, 12:44 AM
richmod
4th Gear Member

Okay, I edited the poll to allow rim size selection. Before the edit, the results were 21 yes, 4 no.

Quick Reply: Can you chirp the tires from a dead stop (auto tranny)?