Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Can you chirp the tires from a dead stop (auto tranny)?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2006, 12:45 AM
ford4v429
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Can you chirp the tires from a dead stop (auto tranny)?

keep bringing this up the last day or two...do the recalibration thing and see what happens. Just takes a few seconds, cannot hurt, but can REALLY wake the thing up- some cars TB's do not fully open unless its calibrated.

looky here:

https://mustangforums.com/fb.asp?m=1773778

scroll up one post above that one- theres a happy camper
Old 08-08-2006, 12:47 AM
JS06GTvert

Got an '06 GT vert (still w/17" stock rims), and can chirp it even when I'm not trying. Oh yeah, to answer the guy in the "Girls Girls Girls" thread, I'm female too. (and prone to race it whenever I can .... )
Old 08-08-2006, 12:55 AM
3v4.6l
1st Gear Member

If you stomp it you fishtail like a beast with an automatic and no mods?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:05 AM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

yeh, wasn't expecting it the first time i did it.
ORIGINAL: 3v4.6l

If you stomp it you fishtail like a beast with an automatic and no mods?
Old 08-08-2006, 01:18 AM
3v4.6l
1st Gear Member

Wow thats pretty good, mine would spin tires a little stock and after cai and tune I can spin tires pretty good from a stop and get second and third gear rubber but it doesn't fishtail unless I do a brakestand.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:30 AM
Anomalus1
1st Gear Member

i'll chirp second also, but won't on third. i'm looking to get a cai/tune later on and upgrade gears to 4.10s but not sure how the car handles in the winter so i gotta wait til after that to familiarize winter driving. With it being stock right now, i'm over-cautious in the rain cuz the car has gotten from under me a couple of times when i try to slowly take off. I have to let the car roll itself a few before i give it some gas.
Old 08-08-2006, 01:55 AM
Remrats1234
3rd Gear Member

i can with tcs on or off
Old 08-08-2006, 03:05 AM
svt93style
2nd Gear Member

This is for the original poster, how many miles do you have? What kind of gas are you running, brand and octane? Have you checked the air filter box...maybe something isn't right? What part of the country are you in?

On a side note, you want to spin them and wake that automatic up, get some 4.10's and never look back....IMO 4.10's are a must for the auto.

Plus I noticed that there are 2 options for the manual transmission...they each have different gearing....maybe there are 2 options for the auto.

Also go get the car dyno'd, if it is not performing up to the advertised specs that Ford states you will get a new one or they must "repair" the problem. I remember when they recalled the 99 cobra's for this exact thing.
Old 08-08-2006, 07:42 AM
BeeStang
3rd Gear Member

Consistantly I get a 2nd, and 3rd gear chirp with an 89 octane tune (SCT2, MAC CAI, and Corsa Exhaust). With a power brake, TC off, I can lay rubber for over 100'. I've done it so many times, I've lost count and 2 sets of tires LOL. I didn't have any problems when it was stock with the 17" wheels and the TC off either. I now have 18" wheels and still has no problems doing what I want it to do with or without power braking, period.
Old 08-08-2006, 12:58 PM
richmod
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: svt93style

This is for the original poster, how many miles do you have? What kind of gas are you running, brand and octane? Have you checked the air filter box...maybe something isn't right? What part of the country are you in?

Also go get the car dyno'd, if it is not performing up to the advertised specs that Ford states you will get a new one or they must "repair" the problem. I remember when they recalled the 99 cobra's for this exact thing.
Almost 5000 miles, 87 octane gas - usually BP or Crown, have K&N filter - all looks normal, live in Cary, NC.

So about how much is dyno time?

Quick Reply: Can you chirp the tires from a dead stop (auto tranny)?