Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

TSB nonsense

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2006, 07:18 PM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

Default TSB nonsense

So about 45 mins ago, I drive up to my local Ford Dealership here in Tucson, I park in the service drag, hop in one of the air conditioned boothes and talk to a service rep. I handed him my "Hesitation upon Acceleration after Long Cruise" TSB 06-9-9. He asked if I got it from them, I tell them no I got it from the dealership where I purchased the vehicle in Phoenix. I explain that Im driving to Phoenix Tommorow and would like them to order the replacement pump, so it will be ready when I hit 3k miles for my oil change (which should be the middle of next week, after I get back from Phoenix). He tells me, "Well, we cant just go ordering parts from Ford." I explain to him very politely that this has been a reoccuring problem, that I have already self Diagnosed and it would be alot easier just to order the parts. He procedes to tell me that in order to obtain the parts they have to diagnose the problem themselves.... That they will need to keep my car for at least two days, and have thier test drivers try and reproduce the problem. I tell him thats totally unneccesary as I already know exactly what the problem is, and to just order the parts. The guy was courteous, but I eventually retorted "So your going to take my car for two+ days, put 200 miles on it, use $35 of my gas, and use who knows how many man hours to pay your test driver, just to tell me what I already know is wrong?" He says "Pretty much yeah". The guy was polite, but come on, that is just ridiculous. I was planning on giving these guys all my business while I was down here, but I think Ill drive the extra 20 minutes to his direct competitor, Ive already called and they dont seem to think they need to diagnose anything, considering I have the freakin TSB, and know enough about my vehicle to tell what needs to be fixed. Ugh.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:27 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: TSB nonsense

WHAT A TOTAL "POLITE" JERK I am speachless. Well almost speachless. I would have went to his boss. I also would have said to him ok, but I would like a loaner car AND I would have taken him my car on E. Im talking dead on E, 2 miles to go till empty. If they need gas let them pay for it.

"He procedes to tell me that in order to obtain the parts they have to diagnose the problem themselves" Thats probably the most BS I have heard in the last 6 months.

I would have also mentioned/asked him would Ford recommend you treating its customers this way? I cant wait for the customer service call and form to arrive.

I assume that you guys get that phone call every time your car leaves service like a week later? Dude I feel for you. Man, write a letter or something. Better yet screw um, go to the other dealer and let that one loose your work and future service. I'm sure you will remember them for this.

Old 08-11-2006, 07:31 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

Yeah, I'd go to a different dealership. I took my wifes old 2002 escape in before we traded it in for a TSB regarding a bad sensor.

CEL was on and I told them what the problem was since I have a code scanner (code and all). I gave them the TSB number they went ahead and had it all done in an hour. No questions asked, no "we have to diagnose that". Just, okay we'll have it done.

Really depends on teh dealer. NEVER GO TO EARNHARDT FORD in Tempe/Mesa, AZ THEY SUCK!

I go to Berge Ford in Mesa...much better.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:36 PM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

The thing is, I had a nail in my tire about a month ago, and one of thier service reps absolutely worked her *** off to find me a replacement tire, eventually convincing an employee from a Desert Rat off road center (Why they had my Z rated tires I dont know) to drive an hour and bring them a new tire for me, so I felt like I owed them a little business, but this has just totally soured me. Im going to write to Ford when I got done with work today, hopefully something will come of this. Either way im really skeptical of taking my vehicle back there.
Old 08-11-2006, 07:38 PM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Derf00

Yeah, I'd go to a different dealership. I took my wifes old 2002 escape in before we traded it in for a TSB regarding a bad sensor.

CEL was on and I told them what the problem was since I have a code scanner (code and all). I gave them the TSB number they went ahead and had it all done in an hour. No questions asked, no "we have to diagnose that". Just, okay we'll have it done.

Really depends on teh dealer. NEVER GO TO EARNHARDT FORD in Tempe/Mesa, AZ THEY SUCK!

I go to Berge Ford in Mesa...much better.

I bought the Car from Mel Clayton, we have family aquaintances that work there, and they have been excellent. If I was living in Phoenix id def take it to them, but Im probably going to be stuck driving across town to Jim Click now.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:26 PM
SonicStanGirl
2nd Gear Member

I'm sure this dealership won't consider your warranty claim as business. When I had that TSB done on my car the overall total with labor was $487. I think they look at warranty work as a big ding against their numbers, especially when they didn't sell you the car originally.

Luckily for me, I found a dealer with great service. I had basically a no questions asked session with the service writer. They did do diagnostics, but they certainly didn't have to keep my car for 2 days!
Old 08-11-2006, 08:32 PM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: SonicStanGirl

I'm sure this dealership won't consider your warranty claim as business. When I had that TSB done on my car the overall total with labor was $487. I think they look at warranty work as a big ding against their numbers, especially when they didn't sell you the car originally.

Luckily for me, I found a dealer with great service. I had basically a no questions asked session with the service writer. They did do diagnostics, but they certainly didn't have to keep my car for 2 days!
Yeah, sadly thats a really good point, even though Id give them business, warranty work is loss. Hopefully Ford Customer Service will make things right.
Old 08-11-2006, 08:57 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

They should consider it, why? because they get paid on it. Thats right they get paid, the customer does not pay but they get paid non the less. It hits there bottom line for revenue just the same

Example: When I was getting my tires rotated my service guy said i had to pay for it, that it was not under my ex warranty. He mentioned that he wish they did pay for it UNDER MY WARRANTY because WE GET PAID MORE. When I pay they charge me $20. When they do it under a warranty call they charge $29.95. He later said screw it (I love this guy) and gave it to me free anyway, he said he would just say he goofed if anyone challenged him.

It is all numbers that add up at the end of the year. TSB is no different, it says right on it how they are to bill the invoice as far as time spent (worked hours)
Old 08-11-2006, 09:18 PM
darkfact
2nd Gear Member

man there's nooo way i'd leave my car with someone to recreate that problem. can you see a couple young techs driving your car up to 80, cruising down to around 60 and then hammering it? psh, not my baby!

anyways, i did the exact same thing as you, took in my car for an oil change, explained the problem and tsb, and then they ordered the part for me. no question that you should pass up that dealer from now on IMHO.
Old 08-11-2006, 10:34 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

How many people do you think read this TSB nonsense on here, try to recreate it, convince themselves they have a problem, even if they don't and then head straight to the dealer with the TSB in hand? I bet it's quite a few.

Now how many of you had never experience this problem, but tried to reproduce it after reading about it? I bet it's atleast 50%. I don't blame the dealer one bit. Just try going to your doctor and asking him to prescribe some medication because you self diagnosed your problem after reading about it on the internet.

Quick Reply: TSB nonsense