Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LOOKING AT THE - JLT True Cold Air - OTHER RECOMENDATIONS???

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 AM
Mustangansta
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: LOOKING AT THE - JLT True Cold Air - OTHER RECOMENDATIONS???

A COMPUTER REFLASH IS DEF IN THE NEAR FUTURE AS WELL
Old 08-15-2006, 03:18 AM
tomwynne
1st Gear Member

I went with the JLT, I liked it because I can get it in a color to match my car. Looks purdy...

[IMG]local://upfiles/35168/D946D18792D647EFB94E75C7C116ACBE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-15-2006, 02:56 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Does your filter touch the hood insulation? Mine does, but hasn't affected it any, just wondering if I had it positioned wrong. I have the filter all the way to the inside of the fender without touching it just like the instructions say.

ORIGINAL: tomwynne

I went with the JLT, I liked it because I can get it in a color to match my car. Looks purdy...

[IMG]local://upfiles/35168/D946D18792D647EFB94E75C7C116ACBE.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-15-2006, 03:43 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

I see a huge difference in the HP numbers people are posting with each CAI. I have seen breenspeed tuned cars with C&L down in the 275 range even.... doesnt this car have that stock? I have seen numbers as high as 300 with just a CAI and tune also.... Is this the difference in an auto/manual? or people lieing? is there just that big of a gap between cars?
if its got a C&L and a 93 brenspeed tune and only putting down 275, then its either auto, or done on a true dyno(dynonamics) or whatever its called, and not a dynojet or mustang dyno . . .
Old 08-15-2006, 07:27 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

Go with either the JLT or C&L. The JLT pulls a couple of more hp's, but nothing drastic. The JLT is cheaper due to manufacturing, the C&L has an aluminun tube, whereas the JLT is plastic. I personnaly went with the C&L because I think it looks better, but they're both about the same. Also, go with a good tuner and XCAL2, Brenspeed, Bamachips, Evolution, etc...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:32 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Are you sure the JLT tube is plastic? the part where the MAF goes in is definately aluminum.

ORIGINAL: scramblr

Go with either the JLT or C&L. The JLT pulls a couple of more hp's, but nothing drastic. The JLT is cheaper due to manufacturing, the C&L has an aluminun tube, whereas the JLT is plastic. I personnaly went with the C&L because I think it looks better, but they're both about the same. Also, go with a good tuner and XCAL2, Brenspeed, Bamachips, Evolution, etc...
Old 08-15-2006, 07:45 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GTlust

Are you sure the JLT tube is plastic? the part where the MAF goes in is definately aluminum.

ORIGINAL: scramblr

You're right, the 89mm MAF housing is billet aluminum, but from there back to the TBS is ABS plastic. You can have the part between the MAF housing and inlet tube painted any OE color, but the rest of the inlet tube back to the TBS is black ABS. It doesn't look bad IMO, but I just think the C&L looks better.
Old 08-15-2006, 08:54 PM
callahan
3rd Gear Member

I have the JLT II and have had no problems. I got the JLT II with the SCT II tuned by Fred @ Evolution Performance for $525.00 shipped. Much better performance than stock. Truly good bang for the buck. I run the 93 octane tune.
Old 08-16-2006, 03:18 AM
tomwynne
1st Gear Member

I don't think the filter touches the hood, hard to tell with the hood down but it doesn't leave an impression on the hood liner.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:15 AM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

Mine does, there is an obvious impression.

ORIGINAL: tomwynne

I don't think the filter touches the hood, hard to tell with the hood down but it doesn't leave an impression on the hood liner.

Quick Reply: LOOKING AT THE - JLT True Cold Air - OTHER RECOMENDATIONS???