Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Gas

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 05:48 PM
Jas06GT
1st Gear Member

Default Gas

What do you brand do you prefer to run?

I always get V-Power 93 Oct from Shell unless I let it get to low then I usually just get enough to get me to the shell station on the way home.
Car just seems to run better, maybe its all in my head.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:22 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Gas

I just run 93 from BP. Thats what is says to use on the inside of my gas cap. (BP) Plus I got a free gas card for the next 6 months....he he he

One thing, once I almost ran out of gas so I went to another station and I almost put the wrong Oct in the tank because those bastards have 93 in the middle and the two others Octs on either side. It should go lowest to highest. I think it was to trick people who wanted mid grade to pay for high grade. I dunno
Old 08-21-2006, 08:25 PM
GTlust
I ♥ Acer

I think I get 93 oct from BP, but the place has changed names so many times i'm not sure. It has the one hose and three buttons which I don't like, i think it's all coming from the same tank.
Old 08-21-2006, 08:47 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

BP 93 baby, Ford wants BP in it, she's gonna get it
Old 08-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Probably a noob question, but does it really make a difference? I mean, first off, with Bush's Sauce (gas that is) being so expensive, I'm inclined to stick with the factory recommended 87...but there's not always a BP around. In fact, where I live, the nearest BP is 15 miles away. There's an Exxon like right around the corner...and they're cheaper usually. Unless I'm gonna notice phenominal differences in performance, I don't quite see the justification in paying more for 93 and hunting for a BP every time I'm at E.
Old 08-21-2006, 11:24 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Running 93 octane on a stock motor with no performance tune is not only a waste of money but not good for the motor either. Higher octane fuel burns a bit slower, or cooler, and with a stock tune that means you can leave deposits on your valves and tops of the pistons, not good for the motor.

You will gain NO performance or hp in any way shape or form running higher octane then needed and you may just be losing a bit of horsepower as well since the motor is NOT running as efficient as it could be with the stock tune on 87 octane.

Higher octane is NOT cleaner for the motor then any other grade of fuel. All grades of fuel require the same amount of basic “clearers” in them per federal regulations because cleaner burning motors produce less “smog”.

Save you money, unless you have a tune, and run 87 octane…
Old 08-22-2006, 12:25 AM
topless05GT
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sonic Boom NH

Running 93 octane on a stock motor with no performance tune is not only a waste of money but not good for the motor either. Higher octane fuel burns a bit slower, or cooler, and with a stock tune that means you can leave deposits on your valves and tops of the pistons, not good for the motor.

You will gain NO performance or hp in any way shape or form running higher octane then needed and you may just be losing a bit of horsepower as well since the motor is NOT running as efficient as it could be with the stock tune on 87 octane.

Higher octane is NOT cleaner for the motor then any other grade of fuel. All grades of fuel require the same amount of basic “clearers” in them per federal regulations because cleaner burning motors produce less “smog”.

Save you money, unless you have a tune, and run 87 octane…

+1
Old 08-22-2006, 12:29 AM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

Unless you have advanced your timing or are running a premium fuel tune.
Old 08-22-2006, 12:37 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

I'm sure the posters will show that those running 93 OCT have a 93 OCT performance tune. I dont think most are running 93 on stock. Are they? If so they should'nt.
Old 08-22-2006, 01:45 AM
Jas06GT
1st Gear Member

I run Bamachip 93 Racing Tune

Quick Reply: Gas