Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT Appearance Package

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2006, 11:36 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

Default GT Appearance Package

My new 07GT is on the way (hopefully will have it this week!!!). Anywho, I got it with the new GT Appearance Package. Aside from the three components ( "hood scoop, Pony emblem engine cover, bright rolled exhaust tips" ) I can't squeeze any more info out of Ford about any of it. I was wondering if anyone has recieved an 07 with this package, and if anyone knows what exactly is involved in the "hood scoop" aside from the obvious aesthetic qualities. Is it just superficial? Is it a true cut-out in the hood? Does it have any functional qualities (other than possibly heat reduction)? Can it be used for anything? I hate it when auto companies list a feature, then tell you jack about what it actually entails.

Not that I care, though...I'll be going too fast to think about the hood! heeheehee! vrooooooommmmmm!!!!!!
Old 08-22-2006, 12:02 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: GT Appearance Package

the only recent hood scoop to be functional was the Mach 1. . .

you can almost garantee it won't be functional
Old 08-22-2006, 12:12 AM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

the only recent hood scoop to be functional was the Mach 1. . .

you can almost garantee it won't be functional
Prolly right. Guess I'll just have to MAKE it functional...won't I? *grins*
Old 08-22-2006, 05:16 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

I've got the GT Appearance Group on my 07. The hood scoop is functional, its function is too look good Seriously, it's strictly for appearance. There is no hole under it and it has a blockoff panel on the front with a honeycomb pattern like the grille. I really like it, it's not too big, not too small.
Old 08-22-2006, 05:17 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

Pics of the hood scoop and plenum cover...

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/A80EA03F45AA4E2CA5C61A7F40FB9252.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/15493/A9BA4BE1C24B4B3A88879BC317E4DDFC.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-22-2006, 07:31 PM
ProStang
1st Gear Member

I passed on that with my order.

Waste of money for me, muffs are being changed, blower is going on and the hood scoop looks so New Edge looking like my old 02 GT Vert.

Now if the car was staying stock , sure.

It does look real good tho.................
Old 08-22-2006, 09:53 PM
06triplevalve
1st Gear Member

I really like the plenum cover...the car looks awesome.

Congrats!

Roy
Old 08-23-2006, 01:55 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tres Wright

I've got the GT Appearance Group on my 07. The hood scoop is functional, its function is too look good Seriously, it's strictly for appearance. There is no hole under it and it has a blockoff panel on the front with a honeycomb pattern like the grille. I really like it, it's not too big, not too small.
Judging from yer pics, it still looks great. (Nice car, btw! ) And Like I said before, there might be a way to use it for something.

I don't know much about the dimensions and construction of the Shaker mods, but do you think the superficial GT scoop could somehow be incorporated into the workings? Seems awfully convenient having the nice, factory scoop already there. I'd have to wait till I got mine to poke at it, but I bet cutting a hole in the hood and through the false grill of the scoop wouldn't be hard to do...(with enough thermite, anything can be cut through! heeheehee)
Old 08-24-2006, 01:51 AM
siggy14
2nd Gear Member

mine came with it and i like the package.
Old 08-24-2006, 08:10 PM
Tres Wright
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Arrow
Judging from yer pics, it still looks great. (Nice car, btw! ) And Like I said before, there might be a way to use it for something.

I don't know much about the dimensions and construction of the Shaker mods, but do you think the superficial GT scoop could somehow be incorporated into the workings? Seems awfully convenient having the nice, factory scoop already there. I'd have to wait till I got mine to poke at it, but I bet cutting a hole in the hood and through the false grill of the scoop wouldn't be hard to do...(with enough thermite, anything can be cut through! heeheehee)
Thanks! As a matter of fact, I posted a thread over on the Barnett forum suggesting that a vendor might want to consider making a conversion kit for the new GT scoop. I think it is feasible to rig something up similar to the shaker scoops. I invision an air collector that mounts to the underside of the hood with an air duct (also mounted to the hood) that runs from the collector over to the stock airbox location. Cut a hole in the top of the airbox such that the air duct seals against it when the hood is closed and -voila-, functional scoop It would also require cutting a hole through the hood under the scoop and removing the scoop grille or replacing it with one that allows air through. It would also work with a CAI, although it probably wouldn't be as effective because the air wouldn't be suctioned in as well. The problem with hand-making one of these setups is the collector and tube really need to be molded plastic to look good, so it's really beyond a home-made job in my opinion.

Quick Reply: GT Appearance Package