Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

which longtubes ?

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2006, 11:15 AM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

Default which longtubes ?

guys i got my 4.10's but i wont instyall them yet... i heard the longtubes will make a great pony turn to a stallion along with a shifter and a long tube headers..

the 4.10 is already here... the shifter is a hurst and its on the way... and the long tube pipe.. well im thinking of a borla... so will there be a huge change in sound ? my car is pure stock.. and i will get an sct flashtune for my car... so all i speak of here and now is POWER and QUALITY ... so whats the best ?
Old 08-24-2006, 11:27 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: which longtubes ?

you should go with the C&L intake w/ tune, its good for around 30 rwhp, and its safe, hardly any work, and more hp than LTH's. . . its also cheaper, and you can install it yourself

you are also gonna have to have someone install the LTH's, and that will cost major $$$$

you are also gonna have to have it tuned for any HP gains. . . might as well go with the C&L w/ tune first . . .

plus, for the money and trouble, LTH's are the least amount of HP for the money you put in them. . . somewhere around 20 rwhp is all, tops
Old 08-24-2006, 12:04 PM
desslok40
3rd Gear Member

Long tubes are one of the "actual" true horsepower/torque gains on the new Mustangs. I am very leary of a CAI and tune getting people 35-40 HP !!! What about torque number increases? Never really hear about that ! I agree throttle response is greatly improved with a tune but that is all computer programming and the only real gains are if you start using 93 Octane which is difficult to find in many places and way too expensive !!! It's nice to disable features (TCS) and program for optimal CAI with a tune but the amount of money you will overspend in gas in 1 year will replace the cost of LT headers and install.
(tuners are way overpriced for what they do, $400 for a damn remote control!! LOL)

With all that being said, I recommend JBA (they are on sale now at rpmoutlet.com), also Hooker, or if you are really budget conscious go with the MACs and a Pro-chamber.

Old 08-24-2006, 12:22 PM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

I was all set to go with Borla long tube headers but they were back ordered for months. I personally don't recommend you get any strictly off road system to run on the street. There are some manufacturers that allow you to swap out the cats with extensions on the X pipe like Bassani for example. Buying the Borla long tubes you won't have a choice. I just had off road American Racing Headers installed and I'm going to drive down to their facility to have the X pipe cut and cats welded on. That should tell you how much I dislike an off road set up. Without the cats the system is way to loud, I can smell the exhaust with the top down standing at red lights or especially at a cold start up sitting still. There are all kinds of noises I never heard when I had a stock exhaust leading up to the catback Borla stingers. I do notice a huge difference in the top end with the long tube X pipe configuration. After I have the cats put on I'm going to get a custom tune so I'll have some real numbers to compare before and after install.
I agree a CAI and tune would be the first thing I'd do along with the 4.10's.
Old 08-24-2006, 12:45 PM
MusiccityGT
4th Gear Member

Check out the Dynatech L/T setup. All inclusive and excellent quality.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28178/4D7036DD809942C2B3E1DF413C21E40D.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-24-2006, 12:53 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: desslok40

Long tubes are one of the "actual" true horsepower/torque gains on the new Mustangs. I am very leary of a CAI and tune getting people 35-40 HP !!! What about torque number increases? Never really hear about that ! I agree throttle response is greatly improved with a tune but that is all computer programming and the only real gains are if you start using 93 Octane which is difficult to find in many places and way too expensive !!! It's nice to disable features (TCS) and program for optimal CAI with a tune but the amount of money you will overspend in gas in 1 year will replace the cost of LT headers and install.
(tuners are way overpriced for what they do, $400 for a damn remote control!! LOL)

With all that being said, I recommend JBA (they are on sale now at rpmoutlet.com), also Hooker, or if you are really budget conscious go with the MACs and a Pro-chamber.

I don't have the dyno numbers, but i do have the track times. . . i went from a 13.8 to a 13.2, and if you know anything about drag racing, no set of longtubes will give you that much . . .

Most long tubes are the same price as the C&L tuner combo with the Xcal, but you have pay to have someone install the headers, you can install the intake and tuner yourself

my gas mileage actually improved as well. . .
Old 08-24-2006, 04:23 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MusiccityGT

Check out the Dynatech L/T setup. All inclusive and excellent quality.

[IMG]local://upfiles/28178/4D7036DD809942C2B3E1DF413C21E40D.jpg[/IMG]
Those look sweet as hell... thats an offroad setup right? No cats?
Old 08-24-2006, 04:28 PM
blackened
2nd Gear Member

Buy dynatech's at your own risk. Search Don_W's posts.
Old 08-24-2006, 05:02 PM
marlinmon07
2nd Gear Member

didn't he blow his engine? did he fix it yet
Old 08-24-2006, 05:03 PM
Boostaddict
Former Sponsor

We can set you up with a great deal on any of the LT's that we carry. Take a look and PM me which ones you are interested in and I will do what I can to earn your business. Thanks, Jared@Lethal

CLICK HERE FOR LONGTUBE HEADERS!!

Quick Reply: which longtubes ?