Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CAM vrs JBA

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2006, 08:46 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default CAM vrs JBA

I know that there are mixed views on whether or not you will gain any power by swapping out the stock headers. Most agree that the minimal HP gain isnt even worth the money spent. However, my question is the comparison of two specific brands:

CAM Shorty Headers -- VERSUS -- JBA Shorty Headers

I love the way that the CAM and JBA headers look.

The CAM is T304 Stainless Steel ($300 shipped): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

The JBA is 409 Stainless Steel ($575 shipped): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JBA-0...QQcmdZViewItem

So, which is actually better?

Which would you chose and why?

I really do not feel like messing with the Long Tube Headers because I dont have the time to mess with the stock H-pipe setup. If I got the LT's then I would have to completely change the entire exhaust from the headers back.....and I am not looking to do that at this time.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:01 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

Default RE: CAM vrs JBA

While my opinion means dick since I don't have aftermarket headers I would go JBA since they are a bit more reputable and will most likely fit better.

But all the headers I can think of right now have pretty crappy cost-to-gain ratios IMO. I'm going to wait a little for the price of long tubes to go down before I buy them. I would rather spend my 500 bucks on a decent set of tires, suspension pieces, gears, or something that will help me actually go quicker as opposed to just looking good. But thats just me.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:03 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

I hear ya loud and clear. I just hate opening the hood and looking at the ugly stock headers. I have had four other Mustangs and everyone of them had stainless steel shorties on them..... its just hard to look at those ugly stock headers. Ya know what I mean?
Old 08-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I feel ya. The thing that kills me are those ugly a$$ valve covers. They look like they belong on a dump-truck or something. I still plan on dressing my girl up a little bit but thats after I get some go to back up the show I'll be giving her. I'm all about the sleeper approach.
Old 08-26-2006, 09:26 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Yeah, those valve covers are a completely different story all together. What were they thinking!?

Any ideas how long these CAM headers have been around? I know a few people that really like them. But for the most part....most say that they have never even heard of them. They seem to be very well made.

Does anyone on this site actually have these headers????
Old 08-26-2006, 09:22 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

NOBODY ON THIS SITE HAS THE CAM HEADERS?

I would be interested in your comments on the JBA or CAM if you already have them. What are your thoughts after purchasing them?
Old 08-26-2006, 11:08 PM
Timmay!!!
4th Gear Member

I've honestly heard of those until this thread. They look like a rip-off of the FRPP headers.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:29 AM
GT John
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

I know that there are mixed views on whether or not you will gain any power by swapping out the stock headers. Most agree that the minimal HP gain isnt even worth the money spent. However, my question is the comparison of two specific brands:

The CAM is T304 Stainless Steel ($300 shipped): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...RK%3AMEWA%3AIT

The JBA is 409 Stainless Steel ($575 shipped): http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/JBA-0...QQcmdZViewItem

I really do not feel like messing with the Long Tube Headers because I dont have the time to mess with the stock H-pipe setup. If I got the LT's then I would have to completely change the entire exhaust from the headers back.....and I am not looking to do that at this time.
Go with the JBA Long Tubes, JBA H pipe and JBA high flow cats = 20+ hp to the back wheels. The shorty's are a waste of money = no hp gain.
Old 08-27-2006, 12:43 AM
WildRed
2nd Gear Member

i hear you loud and clear

I hear ya loud and clear. I just hate opening the hood and looking at the ugly stock headers. I have had four other Mustangs and everyone of them had stainless steel shorties on them..... its just hard to look at those ugly stock headers. Ya know what I mean?
there is someone here who has them (cam headers), they posted a few months back, as i recall he like them and said they looked great.

im thinking of the same mod myself just to get rid of the stock rusty manifolds. as for the valve covers this was my solution.

[IMG]local://upfiles/37197/1668197CA9A1467A976F0BB1186C1D40.jpg[/IMG]
Old 08-27-2006, 01:16 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GT John

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

Go with the JBA Long Tubes, JBA H pipe and JBA high flow cats = 20+ hp to the back wheels. The shorty's are a waste of money = no hp gain.

Ummm, can you not read? Just kidding.
I know the benefits of LT's. However, and as I stated, I DO NOT WANT the hassle of replacing the complete exhaust system.
But thanks for repeating what I said originally

Quick Reply: CAM vrs JBA