Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Zex nitrous system problem any helpers?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 05:18 AM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

Default Zex nitrous system problem any helpers?

My nitrous system is "surging" it will shot nitrous then stop go stop what could be the problem????
Old 09-03-2006, 06:01 AM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Zex nitrous system problem any helpers?

I need help anybody got any solutions its driving me crazy
Old 09-03-2006, 09:57 AM
mlawdawg
1st Gear Member

Clogged injectors?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:46 AM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

You do realize that it is nearly impossible for someone--even an expert--to help you diagnose a problem like this unless you provide more information as to exactly what is going on...

First things first, I would check your WOT switch. It might be barely getting activated. If so, the power surge from the NOS might be enough to tweak things so that it turns off again...then once the NOS stops it re-activates, and so on. Also check the ground and power connections for the solenoids.

Whatever the case, you need to determine exactly what this surging is coming from. In other words, is the CONTROLS of your system making it surge (WOT switch, or the various electronics), or is it a mechanical problem related to the solenoids or nozzle? Or, is the system spraying just fine but you have a problem with your engine itself, such as marginal ignition? Any thrown codes?
Old 09-03-2006, 02:13 PM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Its your bottle. How long are you running the shot for? Either your bottle is mounted incorectly or more likely, you need a bottle heater. Your not getting a constant pressure, thats what is causing the surge. A little more information would be helpful.

~Fred
Old 09-03-2006, 06:10 PM
Hopen4low12s
1st Gear Member

well first i do not have a full throttle switch... new mustangs have the tps and that is easy and almost impossible to mess up the wiring for that all i did was have to put a little clamp on the wire that cuts into the plastic and touches the wire so the zex box can read voltage. when i turn the nitrous on i purge it and bleed the nitrous through the line then i hit the gas and it will spray then stop then spray then stop continuously. I do not know what it is and that is what im looking for i am trien to find out why it is surging
Old 09-03-2006, 07:57 PM
RodeoFlyer
4th Gear Member

Hey CrazyAl - please tell us exactly how you put a WOT switch on our DRIVE BY WIRE cars!
Old 09-03-2006, 08:24 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RodeoFlyer

Hey CrazyAl - please tell us exactly how you put a WOT switch on our DRIVE BY WIRE cars!

Simple, you put it under the pedal!

It doesn't have to be a literal "switch" either. For example, the ZEX kit has a "WOT switch" though not in the traditional sense: What the ZEX kit does is monitor the voltage from the TPS sensor. When the voltage exceeds some threshold, the electronis trigger "on". Just like a regular mechanical switch that can be "teased" by pressing it down barely to the "on" position, if something is not connected or adjusted right on the ZED system, the WOT voltage could be right at the switching threshold of the unit.
Old 09-04-2006, 03:16 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

CrazyAl is correct. I believe the voltage reading is somewhere along the lines of .92, indicating WOT. However, if your zex box isn't set correctly, or you have power problem in your car (like alot of power draw from differnt things), then the voltage will flucuate, causing it to drop below that number, and turning off your spray. Might I ask, which wire did you clamp. You may of clamped the wrong one.

~Fred
Old 09-04-2006, 03:20 AM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Is solenoid going on and off? That sounds like what you are saying. If so I would think it would be a bad or loose ground.

Quick Reply: Zex nitrous system problem any helpers?