Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2006, 08:48 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: acceleration

yeah what size rims do you have? if the 18's thats gonna be harder to spin out than the 17s.

On mine when it was stock, i had to be careful not to spin too much, casue the car would go sideways.

dunno, you should be able to spin em stock with TCS off. good luck
Old 09-03-2006, 09:00 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

tried the recal, no effect.

i turned the car on, waited 1 min for the seatbelt to go off, floored it over 3 sec, then slowly unfloored it, turned car off, then repeated. no luck. am i doing something wrong?

and why the hell can't i roast my tires?! with TCS off and stock tires, i should be able to burn them good...right???
There was a thread about that somewhere that had specific and detailed directions on how to do the acc recal. Anyone know where it is?
Old 09-03-2006, 10:25 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: wakebord99

Just out of curiousity.. what kind of wheels/tires do you have? Do you have the Perrelli's or the BFG's? Might make a difference.
FYI.. Bone Stock GT 5spd w/the BFG's on 18" wheels. When starting around 2k a nice little jump and off.. perfect street launch and a chirp in 2nd unless i'm really slamming it into gear and not really letting off the gas. Tires never broke loose in 1st for me either. Just REALLY good tires.

I love the BFG's !!
Old 09-03-2006, 10:27 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

i have the 17" stock tires with stock pirelli rubber. 5 spd manual.

if i turn TCS OFF, i still have a BITCH of a time spinning them. can only get them to spin by dropping the clutch at 4k+ rpm in 1st. if i floor it in any gear the tires will not spin. not unless i am at a stop and pop the clutch in 1st as i stated.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:28 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

i turned the car on, waited 1 min for the seatbelt to go off, floored it over 3 sec, then slowly unfloored it, turned car off, then repeated. no luck. am i doing something wrong?

and why the hell can't i roast my tires?! with TCS off and stock tires, i should be able to burn them good...right???
There was a thread about that somewhere that had specific and detailed directions on how to do the acc recal. Anyone know where it is?

turn car to on position but don't start it.
wait a few secs
slowly depress gas pedal to floor over 3 second period
slowly raise gas pedal up over 3 second period.
turn car off.
wait 5 sec
repeat 1 more time

that is how you do a recal.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:30 PM
Rt1Rebel
3rd Gear Member

I've got 18s with BFGs.
Old 09-03-2006, 10:38 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Stang Skeleton

turn car to on position but don't start it.
wait a few secs
slowly depress gas pedal to floor over 3 second period
slowly raise gas pedal up over 3 second period.
turn car off.
wait 5 sec
repeat 1 more time

that is how you do a recal.

Ok perhaps i have NO CLUE what you guys are talking about here... what is that ACC RECAL supposed to do again?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:09 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

acc recal just recalibrates the throttle sensors and computer etc. gives it more pickup, supposedly.

what i really want to know is input from other drivers...do you burn your tires just flooring it at low rpm in 1st? with the pirelli 17 inch tires? yes/no?
Old 09-03-2006, 11:30 PM
07GT
2nd Gear Member

I just drove an 07 GT five speed at the dealership, punched it at 5mph in 1st gear and it wouldn't fry the tires either. I think some of it has to do with having 27 inch tires. You've got small cubic inches and a somewhat heavy car that makes its horsepower up high. I wouldn't worry about it if it accelerates fast.

ok -

i used to own a 2003 acura rsx-s that i supercharged and i could spin the wheels on that car all day long and i had 265whp, or about 300hp to the flywheel...similar to this car.

unfortunately, this car just won't spin the tires. unless i rev to over 4k in 1st gear, and pop the clutch (in which case they'll spin for a little bit), i can't spin the tires. not that i want to...i don't drive like that. but like amercan muscle 4.6gt i think something might be wrong with my car.

if i'm in 1st, or 2nd, and at say 3000 rpm, and i floor it...the car while accelerate fairly quickly but i will not spin the tires. and this is with TCS off and stock tires!! the only time i can spin the tires is by either dumping the clutch at high rpms in 1st gear, or flooring it during a tight corner, and even then it's only a chirp. this is just ridiculous! no matter what, the car just bogs and doesn't come alive until 4-5k rpm. maybe i'm wrong, but i think if i'm at 1000 rpm in 1st gear, and floor it, the tires should at least chirp or break loose at some time. with stock tires and tcs off...they should...right?

here's an experiment for those who do NOT have a tune:

start moving slowly in 1st gear, say at 5mph, and then floor it and take it up to redline. do your tires break loose at any time? mine don't. not even a chirp. i think something is wrong...what do you guys think?

maybe i'll try that recal and see what happens...
Old 09-03-2006, 11:37 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07GT

I just drove an 07 GT five speed at the dealership, punched it at 5mph in 1st gear and it wouldn't fry the tires either. I think some of it has to do with having 27 inch tires. You've got small cubic inches and a somewhat heavy car that makes its horsepower up high. I wouldn't worry about it if it accelerates fast.

ok -

i used to own a 2003 acura rsx-s that i supercharged and i could spin the wheels on that car all day long and i had 265whp, or about 300hp to the flywheel...similar to this car.

unfortunately, this car just won't spin the tires. unless i rev to over 4k in 1st gear, and pop the clutch (in which case they'll spin for a little bit), i can't spin the tires. not that i want to...i don't drive like that. but like amercan muscle 4.6gt i think something might be wrong with my car.

if i'm in 1st, or 2nd, and at say 3000 rpm, and i floor it...the car while accelerate fairly quickly but i will not spin the tires. and this is with TCS off and stock tires!! the only time i can spin the tires is by either dumping the clutch at high rpms in 1st gear, or flooring it during a tight corner, and even then it's only a chirp. this is just ridiculous! no matter what, the car just bogs and doesn't come alive until 4-5k rpm. maybe i'm wrong, but i think if i'm at 1000 rpm in 1st gear, and floor it, the tires should at least chirp or break loose at some time. with stock tires and tcs off...they should...right?

here's an experiment for those who do NOT have a tune:

start moving slowly in 1st gear, say at 5mph, and then floor it and take it up to redline. do your tires break loose at any time? mine don't. not even a chirp. i think something is wrong...what do you guys think?

maybe i'll try that recal and see what happens...
i got 17" tires...not 27"...

Quick Reply: acceleration