Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2006, 05:13 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

Default The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.

http://www.autospies.com/news/2008-P...AND-PRIX-8202/

We'll see what comes of this
Old 09-09-2006, 05:43 PM
RedfireGTCoupe

Default RE: The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.

GM needs to stop making vehicles that look like big Caviliers! All of the cars they make look the same. The GTO was a waste of sheet metal. It is a fast car but it is butt ugly. Not to mention it looks nothing like a GTO. The Grand Prix is the same car with a different fascia and a couple of design cues.

You can make a Yugo fast but it's still a Yugo!
Old 09-09-2006, 05:52 PM
saud alzaabi
3rd Gear Member

yup as few of of thier comments... the pontiac gto is the holden and the hold is also called lumina ss here in the middle east... except that the middle east uses the 2004 gto motor... and this grand prix is the new version of the holden commodore which is the lumina ss 4 door... and as i heard the new lumina ss 4 door is coming with an ls2 6.0 motor... i just cant wait to challenge the new lumina ss on the roads... i also heard its going to have a 400 hp...

i wont make it confusing .. but now a days the middle east chevrolet and the american pontiac and the australian holden all look the same except that the grill is diffrent...
Old 09-09-2006, 06:24 PM
pastor_ice43
2nd Gear Member

it looks sharp
Old 09-09-2006, 06:27 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

Too rice lookin for me.[8D]
Old 09-09-2006, 07:21 PM
teksp0rt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedfireGTCoupe

GM needs to stop making vehicles that look like big Caviliers! All of the cars they make look the same. The GTO was a waste of sheet metal. It is a fast car but it is butt ugly. Not to mention it looks nothing like a GTO. The Grand Prix is the same car with a different fascia and a couple of design cues.

You can make a Yugo fast but it's still a Yugo!

GM NEEDS A NEW DESIGN TEAM! I mean, that car looks like the old Grand Prix / Grand Am cars from the 90's... And those cars were ugly back then...

At least our cars have both show and go.
Old 09-09-2006, 07:34 PM
05Retro
3rd Gear Member

GM goes from bad to worse. Who wamts a four door musclecar, they must the same design team as the Dodge Charger had. It will amaze me if the new Camaro will be around for more than 3 or 4 years either.
Old 09-09-2006, 08:05 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I am a 1960's pontiac lover. Unfortunatly, they havent made anything that any car lover wants to buy since about 1972. They made a couple firebirds here and there werent half bad before they tacked 40 fake scoops onto them.

New new GTO is not a GTO in any way, shape or form. And anyone that knows what a real GTO and has driven one can attest to that fact. The new GTO was a nice austrailian car called a holden. Marketed that way, they would have sold more than 13K per year, they sell more mustangs than that in a month.

However, any new GM product that is V8 and RWD is a step in the right direction. And if they build a real GTO off of it, even better.

As far as I heard, pontiac is dropping all FWD cars, vans, SUV's, etc and is just going to make rwd sporty cars.

Old 09-09-2006, 08:06 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I'm not so sure that any of the "Big Three" are healthy enough to start producing over the top "Muscle Cars" for such a small audience. Yes, it's great to have American muscle back, but at what cost? We're so lucky women buy Mustangs(thanks ladies!), because that's what killed the Camaro/Firebird and the GTO....these cars aren't female(in most cases-don't want to sound chauvinistic) friendly. Most women I know want reliable(first), good looking and efficient(mpg-wise) cars with room to put all their crap away(haha). Daimler-Chrysler will in for a rude awakening when they bring their Challenger to market in '08. The car's much bigger than a Mustang(even after shortening) and might not have a V-6 option(initially)..so what are the ladies gonna buy? I think women are much more practical when buying a car....and I think GM might be gunshy after the GTO experience. BTW they drive on the wrong side of the road in Australia for a reason......
Old 09-09-2006, 09:13 PM
wjbiv

I would rather lose a race to that car in my GT than step foot in it. It's beyond me why Chevy can't seem to make a decent looking car other than the 'vette.

Quick Reply: The Mustang's soon to be, newest competition.