Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Nitrous/dyno

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2006, 02:15 AM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Default Nitrous/dyno

Got my Zex 75 shot nitrous installed Friday at Brenspeed, dynoed the car with the listed mods. 265 rwhp, gave it the nirtous shot 320 rwhp. I was dissappointed with the results 265 with a cai kit and tune is quite low. Brent did not know why, the fuel ratio was okay but he did not know what the timing was doing, it was Friday and late so he did not have time to data log everything. He did show me that his tuned a/t 05's with the JLT or the C&L cai. were all making 280- 285 rwhp. So I don't know if its the Mac cai the tune or the combination of the two, I do know I'm going with his tune and the JLT cai. Anyone thinking about using Brenspeed his shop is number one, his staff is freindly, very professional and the Zex install was A+. The switch is my decsion, he did not try to push anything or bad mouth anybody. I asked him what others with the his tune and cai. kit with the a/t were doing this is when he showed me.
Old 09-11-2006, 11:14 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Nitrous/dyno

Glad to see your install went well. Have you had a chance to get on it with the zex on the way home? If so how does it feel? What you expected? Did you get any extras added with the Zex kit? Like bottle warmer etc? How long did install take?
Old 09-11-2006, 02:14 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Yes I did hit it a couple of times and it makes a huge difference, the only extra I got was the pressure gage. The install took about 2.5 hours. I just ordered the JLT intake and two tunes 91- 93 oct. from Brent, should have this in by Thurs.
Old 09-11-2006, 03:45 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Cool. I was suppose to get Zex from them but they are soo far away that I put it off. I'm confident in letting them work on my car but if I have a probelm afterwards its a long way to get back to them. I still want it but wont let anyone else touch my car. I gotta figure out something.

I love Brents tunes, I'm running his 93 now. I see you had Bamachips, I dont know anything about them.
Old 09-11-2006, 04:39 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

Going to the track this Sat. the Chicago Mustang club and the Srt club are going up agaist each other, should be a fun day.