Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

O/R Midpipe question

Search this Thread

Old 09-12-2006, 02:48 AM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

Default O/R Midpipe question

Hey guys...got a couple of quick questions for ya'll. I recently got my MAC's and love them, but they aren't quite loud enough, and could maybe sound just a bit more aggressive. I was thinking about running an O/R h pipe, but thought I had read somewhere that you have to have a tune with an o/r H, or any midpipe i guess. Is this true? Also I know it would be louder, but will I get a little more aggressive sound out of it?? And could I just use a set of MIL eliminators, or do I really need the tune for it? If I could get away with just the midpipe and MIL eliminators that'd be great, but if I need a tune I might have to wait for the funds. Also, do you see any warranty issues with the O/R midpipe...Would most dealerships not worry about it, or would they tell you to go screw yourself (and your warranty)? I know its stupid wanting to mod the car and worrying about warranty, but I'm tryin to have the best of both worlds. Anyways, any thoughts are appreciated! Thanks
Cory
Old 09-12-2006, 03:04 AM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: O/R Midpipe question

Yes, you can use MIL elmiminators and it does not require a tune. I think you can touch everything from the cat-back with the exhaust without the dealership complaining. I think putting an O/R H on would definitely **** the dealer off, but it would sound mighty nice!
Old 09-12-2006, 10:59 AM
Johnnie D
2nd Gear Member

off road h-pipes make it LOUD...if thats what your looking for your love one!!
Old 09-12-2006, 06:31 PM
TexStang06
2nd Gear Member

I'm hoping it will be louder, and more aggressive sounding. Have ya'll had to take your car to the dealership for any work under warranty with your O/r midpipe on?? Oh and while we're on the subject any brands I should look at? I want something with really nice fit and finish/quality.
Thanks
Cory
Old 09-12-2006, 09:11 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Pypes makes and AWESOME H pipe. Kooks makes one of the best X-Pipes out there. I would recommend sticking with the same mid-pipe setup that we already have stock. (H-Pipe). So if I were going to buy a different mid-pipe it woudl be the Pypes O/R H.
Old 09-12-2006, 09:18 PM
RedfireGTCoupe

If you are worried about the stealership and the warranty use a H or X pipe with high flow cats. You will get a much more aggressive sound and they cannot bitch it you need warranty work. Off road pipes are exteremely loud. It is a loud that most people are not happy with after the first 1000 miles. It will have a lot of drone in the cabin and your ears will ring after driving for a while.

Find someone that you know with an off road midpipe so you can hear what it sounds like. If you like it then knock yourself out, if not then you did not waste any money.