Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Bren vs Bama

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2006, 11:28 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Bren vs Bama

no disrepsect, but Fred will email Tunes. he did for me.....I have Freds and Brents...never had Dougs and really dont want it...to me comparing tunes is like comparing quality beef.....in this case they are both prime meats.....it just depends on what you like.... Brents tune for an auto the shift firmness is the tops, but his tune in my car for some reason does have hiccups in it between 1st and 2nd and sometimes 2nd AND 3rd.....(I repeat sometimes) it also pings somtimes....now Freds tune seems to just feel quicker....not very firm in the shifts but it really goes and no hiccups...now I have talked with Brent on this and he has offered to fix the hiccups with other tunes....I just have not really set the time asside to play with them...Brent's customer service is great...I like the shifting firmenss of Brents and would love to combine the 2 if possible....Fred hhas good service as well. I accidentally wiped out his tunes and asked him to email me..he did promptly within a day or so...just had to give him the tuner number..he also stated he will email them in the future if I change anything else.
overall...I do not know about BAMA and Doug, but I laready bought Brents tunes because that was the old poll...who was better .. EVO or BRENSPEED....and If I were to be forced to pick...I would lean towards EVO....
ORIGINAL: GT John

I am now using Dougs (Bamachips) newest 9/9/06 93 Octane Special Race Tune and enjoy it very must as a daily driver.
You will have to call or email Doug for details.

I have not used a tune from Brent but from what I read he is a great tuner. Brent will email tunes.

I have used Evolutions Tunes and they are good tunes. Fred will not email tunes.

I have used the Predator (still have it). It is not well supported here in the St. Louis area.

[IMG]local://upfiles/29830/04D41D9267F844089649954D10DCA51C.jpg[/IMG]
Old 09-13-2006, 11:54 PM
cfr865
3rd Gear Member

I just switched to Brents tunes from Bama's, the reason is he installed my Zex kit and dynoed my car Friday, 265 rwhp with Doug's 91 oct. tune and the Mac cai. I was not to excited about the numbers. I asked Brent what I could do to get some more H.P. he suggested the JLT cai. I took his advice and also got his tunes 87-91- 93 the 91 will be for the nitrous. I asked him what the a/t cars witht the JLT cai and his tunes were doing on the dyno, he showed me they were all averaging 280- 285 rwhp. The car runs alot stronger now, especially at the top, I don't know if its the JLT or his tune or the combination. I'm very happy with his tunes, I tried the 91 and the 93, the 93 feels alot like Doug's 93 race tune. Brent's customer service is great, I ordered the JLT and it was here the next day, the tune was also. I'm going to the track this Saturday, Chicago Mustang club and the Chicago SRT club will be dueling it out.
Old 09-14-2006, 09:27 AM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Brent's 93 tune is a slayer. If your car has more timing than most you can knock off .3 on the spark of your SCT Tuner or you can get 1-XR octane boost that cost 2.00 dollars and then simply drive the shi* out of it.
Old 09-15-2006, 10:03 PM
rick98gt
1st Gear Member

thank you to all that replied..I have Brents 93 tune in now and like it,but have heard good things about Dougs race tune.So I guess I will spend the 75 bucks and let you guys know which one feels better on a 5 speed with the C&L CAI
Old 09-16-2006, 03:57 PM
eric.sd

Did you get the street or racer?
ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

ORIGINAL: rick98gt

I was just wondering if someone has bren's 93 tune and Dougs race tuna .If so which one do they enjoy more??
With Brent White from Brenspeed being one of SCT's top 10 tuners... thats good enough for me.
X2

brent is awesome, bought the C&L intake tuner combo and just bought the gears yesterday
Old 09-16-2006, 04:04 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

I was just wondering if someone has bren's 93 tune and Dougs race tuna .If so which one do they enjoy more??
I have Bama's race tune, Doug makes an excellent tune. My car went 13.4@104.95 with the Tunable Induction CAI and his 93 octane race tune, no other mods and no power shifting. In my mind, that's fantastic MPH considering how little is done to my car.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:52 PM
Furinox
4th Gear Member

I think it also depends on what you want. Most HP doesn't Necessarily mean fastest track time.
Old 09-17-2006, 06:48 PM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Furinox

I think it also depends on what you want. Most HP doesn't Necessarily mean fastest track time.

^^^^AMEN Brother.... You said it, the most horsepower doesn't always mean fastest ET @ the track. ^^^^

I like Brent's tune for my N20, and I have a best friend that has Bama's tune and he loves it. I have also got tunes from Evolution and Fred's tunes are really good as well. I say it's a tossup, and you probably can't go wrong with either of them.

By the way he only paid $50 bucks for his emailed 93 octane performance tune from Bama. It was back in June that he got it so maybe his price has went up a little.
Old 09-18-2006, 12:50 AM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: eric.sd

Did you get the street or racer?
ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

ORIGINAL: bl1nkage

With Brent White from Brenspeed being one of SCT's top 10 tuners... thats good enough for me.
X2

brent is awesome, bought the C&L intake tuner combo and just bought the gears yesterday
street. . .the one he advertises a stock stang with just this upgrade and tires going 12.80's
Old 09-18-2006, 02:08 AM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Yes, but some of the ET from Brent's is from the tires check his MPH.

Quick Reply: Bren vs Bama