Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

first time at track! here is the result!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2006, 11:16 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default first time at track! here is the result!!

i went to byron dragway with chicagoland mustang club against chicagoland srt-4 club.

well this was my first time in my life at a track and at my first run, i bogged the car and did a bad 60' time which is 2.13 and ran 14.1 at 99.8 mph. i saw those other stang GTs were running 14.2-3-4 and i was very happy with my first run i beat their times..

then i lowered my tire pressure a little and lined up against a modified stage 2 srt-4 and light turns green and i jumped on him pretty good and DAMN!! i missed 4th gear but still ran 13.6 BONE STOCK and DID 1.91 60' time.. if i wouldnt have missed a gear, i would be definetely 13.4s stone stock..

06 GTO couldnt dig into 13s for about 3 runs and finally we lined up and i sucked at launch and i did 2.54 crappy 60' time and he ran 13.8 and i ran 14.5 which was my fault.. and that was it.. people couldnt believe me when i said i ran mid 13s stone stock on stock tires.. nobodyelse dig in mid 13s but me at ttrack with stock new stang GT! i was proud of myself

i will scan slips and post here.. now i am pretty busy..

i think with a stone stock new stang GT and it was my fiirst time evert at track and i ran 13.6 was impressive!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:19 PM
wakebord99
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: first time at track! here is the result!!

Wow 1.9 0-60.. What wheels/tires? 17"ers? or the 18's with BFG
Old 09-16-2006, 11:22 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

stone stock 18' wheels & tires and everythingelse was stock.. the only mod i had was ME.. driver mod.. everyone was impressed and this was my first time ever at track
Old 09-16-2006, 11:40 PM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Good job, you don't have to be perfect to have a good time!
Old 09-16-2006, 11:49 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

The saying is bone stock. An intake and tune plus some sticky tires might get you close to 12's.
Old 09-17-2006, 12:27 AM
06VistaBlue
2nd Gear Member

Great job and congrats on the times, doodad! Keep it up and keep us informed.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:03 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

The saying is bone stock. An intake and tune plus some sticky tires might get you close to 12's.
well, there was a guy who had, intake tune, axle back exhaust and x-pipe and his best was 13.4 sure intake tune, sticky tires u can get on high 12s but u can see that very rare.. i saw all those new stangs were running low 14s made me believe that these cars are mid 13s cars but not for everyone.. u gotta know how to drive to dig in mid 13s.. i am saying this.. with my car i can run VERY LOW 13s STONE STOCK just with slicks!!! know i know this after missing a gear and still running mid 13s on stock tires!! it is very possible to get these new stangs low 13s with slicks.. i will be bone stock till next summer but i am planning to go to track with slicks and run low 13s and post here..
Old 09-17-2006, 02:54 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

here is my first run against an old little cobra:

second run (i missed a gear on this run) against modded, stage 2 srt-4:

Old 09-20-2006, 12:24 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

congratulations! excellent times for being stock!

i ran a 13.498 bone stock just by lowering the tire pressure. key is cold engine & cold air outside...these cars are very temp sensitive. if you improved your launch a little you could hit 13.5 or 13.4's easily. i think my 13.498 stands as one of the best stock gt times to date.

out of curiosity, what rpm were you launching at? did you pop the clutch or feather? heat up your tires? tcs off? little things like that can help.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:30 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

congratulations! excellent times for being stock!

i ran a 13.498 bone stock just by lowering the tire pressure. key is cold engine & cold air outside...these cars are very temp sensitive. if you improved your launch a little you could hit 13.5 or 13.4's easily. i think my 13.498 stands as one of the best stock gt times to date.

out of curiosity, what rpm were you launching at? did you pop the clutch or feather? heat up your tires? tcs off? little things like that can help.
very impressive time 13.4.. everyone told me that if i wouldnt have missed gear, i would have been on 13.4s but unluckily, i missed a gear and ran 13.6

i dumped the clutch and hit the gas like 75% and then floored it (i did these less than half sec. very fast) and got very good launch. burned the tires a little and TCS was sure off..

what did you trap on that run? also what was the evolution? i did 13.6 at 2500 ft. above the sea level.

Quick Reply: first time at track! here is the result!!