Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELLION #s AND PICS FINALLY!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:00 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: HELLION #s AND PICS FINALLY!!!

And bus is ALMOST (lol) right. Even though the install is a little more work, I would rate the GT supercar pumps ahead of the GT500 pumps simply because their output is higher. With the GT pumps, Slap some #60 injectors on that thing and some good fuel rails and you'll never worry about fuel again... If your tuner knows about turbos, he will know you can really add spark up in high rpm on that thing. I would also suggest getting a spark-a-boost from kenne bell as well. (you won't need it now but after the rebuild - which I know will come eventually...lol - you are going to want it when you turn up the boost)

Looks like a forged bottom end will be in your near future...lol

Are you running the 9 lb spring? Did you get a boost controller? I wouldn't play with a boost controller if I was you on the stock longblock - too tempting to cause havoc...
Old 09-20-2006, 12:13 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: fordfanboy
And bus is ALMOST (lol) right. Even though the install is a little more work, I would rate the GT supercar pumps ahead of the GT500 pumps simply because their output is higher. With the GT pumps, Slap some #60 injectors on that thing and some good fuel rails and you'll never worry about fuel again... If your tuner knows about turbos, he will know you can really add spark up in high rpm on that thing. I would also suggest getting a spark-a-boost from kenne bell as well. (you won't need it now but after the rebuild - which I know will come eventually...lol - you are going to want it when you turn up the boost)

Looks like a forged bottom end will be in your near future...lol

Are you running the 9 lb spring? Did you get a boost controller? I wouldn't play with a boost controller if I was you on the stock longblock - too tempting to cause havoc...
Agreed the GT supercar pumps have higher output but at his power level how much is really necessary. And there is something to be said for a factory setup save for splicing a couple wires. That is why I ranked it first.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:16 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I know Bus - just bustin' your *****...lol (I haven't talked to you in awhile...)

Truth is on the stock longblock like he is, the BAP is his best bet for now.

I'm sure you'll be hearing about my car from Mike pretty soon...lol
Old 09-20-2006, 12:22 AM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I can't wait to see how much power you car puts down it should be a beast. When I build a motor I am stepping up to a 76mm turbo, let Josh or I know if we can be of any help.
Old 09-20-2006, 12:33 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

I'm talking to Mike again tomorrow about that (76mm). The only thing is my rebuild was done on the aluminum 3V block and that's honestly where my only weak link is now. Now matter how beefy my bottom end, I can't put more than 800-850 to the block. I can easily accomplish that with the 67mm but now Im thinking what if I switch to a teksid? It actually would be an easy swap and I could put over a 1000 hp to it. If I do decide to make the stang an 8 sec ride, I'd hate to have to replace the turbo so I'm leaning towards doing the 76mm now. Mike wants me to run the 67mm REALLY bad cause he knows I'll get into the 9's on it and he wants that really bad for publicity and just to show the internet world his 67mm can do it.

I don't know but we'll work out the details tomorrow. I'm going to ask him if he'll cover the swap down the road if I decide to go REALLY fast...lol Gotta at least try. I have a tranbrake so I'm not worried about the bigger unit anyway. Lag is not an issue for me.

We'll obviously know more in the next couple weeks when I can get it in and running. I had a deal going from GMS but that bypass is turning out to be a real bad issue for everyone with it so I'm pretty much going to just go with Mike. You of all people know how great Mike and the PH crew is anyway so I can't go wrong working with those guys so it's a win-win for me.

Talk to you soon and.....sorry vader for hijacking your thread. You car is ****!! Congrats again...
Old 09-20-2006, 12:38 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

so u put down 460 / 520 with intercooled or non? and at which PSI? and how much is this kit cost u including installation?

Old 09-20-2006, 12:40 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

You can use a BAP on the duel pumps later if you need more output, can't you?

Looks great! Which turbo did you use?
Old 09-20-2006, 12:47 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

^^yes, I know a couple guys right now the GT superpumps pushing around 620 rwhp and they are having to use the BAP also at about 10-12%.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:48 AM
fordfanboy
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: doodad

so u put down 460 / 520 with intercooled or non? and at which PSI? and how much is this kit cost u including installation?

The kit comes standard as it is with a 9 lb spring. The upgrade options are simply bigger turbo units but the kit is all the same.

John Urist (owner of hellion) has also cjust come out with a 'race pipe' version that elliminates the cats. It gets rid of all those clearance issue and spaghetit factory underneath cuase the pipe runs from manifold direct to exhaust. The kit vader has is designed to use the cats to try to be smog legal and that's why it's so busy underneath.

Old 09-20-2006, 10:53 AM
gmascagni
1st Gear Member

Hey,
Do you mind posting a pic regarding the clearance issues. That is my biggest concern with the Hellion Kit. My driveway is very steep and on my 03 terminator I usually scrape a crossmember or the LT headers or even one of the mufflers that's not sitting quite right. This is on stock suspension so any clearance issues is going to be a problem for me. Any pics of where it's hitting would be greatly appreciated. I was seriously considering the Hellion but the clearance issues are what's scaring me. Another thing that bothered me about the Hellion kit is that it has no PAB and a smaller turbo 62mm vs 66mm. Im starting to lean twoards PH kit.

Thanks
ORIGINAL: darthvader1111

Acually, when I called Trip, he already knew, and was in the process if talking to John Urist to see what he prefers. The install went quiet well, no cutting or welding, but I do have some clearance issues, I sometimes scrape on a big speed bump. They will due some bending when I go back to get me some more clearance. Thanks a lot guys. Also, which is better bap, or the gt pumps?

Quick Reply: HELLION #s AND PICS FINALLY!!!