Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

What do you guys think of the STS turbo setup?

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2006, 12:38 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default What do you guys think of the STS turbo setup?

I saw the guys on Hot Rod TV, or whatever it was, install a twin turbo setup on an 05 vette. The kicker with the sts systems is that the turbos are installed all the way in the back of the car by the tailpipes. This was the first I had heard of it, and I never thought it was a worthy idea. These guys really seemed happy with it, and the loss in PSI seemed to be gained back in how much cooler the air is away from the engine compartment.

Does anyone have this installed on their car? I still think I would probably go with a blower, but am not sure whether I would build the motor first.

Old 09-20-2006, 12:45 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

Default RE: What do you guys think of the STS turbo setup?

Search its magic! STS turbos have been discussed numerous times on here. Typically the only people that like them are those that were foolish enough to buy them, they have a lot more cons than pros to why one would buy them.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:09 PM
Claytone
2nd Gear Member

the admins should put a stickie up about the magical SEARCH button. I swear if i see one more post about the best sounding exhaust, what about these deep dish black bullits, or whats the diff. between a SC and turbo I'm going to throw up.
Old 09-20-2006, 02:15 PM
QuickShortBus
I ♥ Acer

I have never seen treads on those subjects before........ you mean they have been discussed more than the 50 times in the last week?????

As a side note to the original poster, don't take anything from those idiots on Horsepower TV I wouldn't let them work on my car if all of the parts were free I watch it to get a good laugh every weekend.
Old 09-20-2006, 03:17 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I tend to agree with the ShortBus... STS =/= Good setup and Horsepower TV =/= Good car show