Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

GT/CS

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2006, 08:00 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Default RE: GT/CS

It's not flood damaged...is it? $26K for a CS/GT? Wow! The dealer where I bought my '05(before trading it in) had an automatic black CS/GT with every option(side air bags, heated seats, Shaker 1000, satellite radio and the auto trans) for $34,000!!!!! No mark up either. Jump on it young man! And good luck with your new ride......(as Napoleon Dynamite would say "Lucky!")[sm=goodidea.gif]
Old 09-25-2006, 11:20 PM
Mardav

My '07 CS convertible listed for $36k (msrp) and I paid $32.9 plus tax and tag. Mine is an auto, although I wanted a stick. I got this from a smaller dealer and it was the only one they had. It's black with a black cloth top on the dove/black leather interior. I like it a lot, and now that I have the automatic, it turns out I like that too. Good luck
Old 09-26-2006, 02:48 AM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

Woooow I had about the best luck EVER today.

I work at a video store, and one of the floor managers at the dealership I am talking about came in to open an account! Right when he said he worked at the dealership, I said I had gone there the other day to look at 2007 GT/CS's. He asked if I liked them, I said yea I loved the dark red one in back, but how low can he get one for us... He said he remembered that car, and also told me "I can get it down to $25,000 if I kick in every rebate I can find for you man"... I said "Wow, and I will probably be trading in my 2002 Mustang V6". He asked if it was the one outside, I said yea, and he asked what we (they) appraised it at, I said $8,500. He said he could try and get $9,000 for it. (I was really nice to him even before I found out he was a floor manager, and I gave him big big discounts, lol). Basically if I am to understand right -

$30,800 2007 GT/CS Torch Red Coupe
-$5,000
--------
$25,000
-$9,000
--------
$16,000 2007 GT/CS Torch Red Coupe 5 Speed
Old 09-26-2006, 01:41 PM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

I dunno what rebates he's "kicking in" for you but as far as i know they don't have any for the 07 models cept like $500 college grad.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:43 PM
Justin_R
5th Gear Member

Hey what are you waiting for go get that GT-CS Man before someone else does!
ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

I work at a video store, and one of the floor managers at the dealership I am talking about came in to open an account! Right when he said he worked at the dealership, I said I had gone there the other day to look at 2007 GT/CS's. He asked if I liked them, I said yea I loved the dark red one in back, but how low can he get one for us... He said he remembered that car, and also told me "I can get it down to $25,000 if I kick in every rebate I can find for you man"... I said "Wow, and I will probably be trading in my 2002 Mustang V6". He asked if it was the one outside, I said yea, and he asked what we (they) appraised it at, I said $8,500. He said he could try and get $9,000 for it. (I was really nice to him even before I found out he was a floor manager, and I gave him big big discounts, lol). Basically if I am to understand right -

-$5,000
--------
$25,000
-$9,000
--------
Old 09-26-2006, 03:15 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Justin_R

Hey what are you waiting for go get that GT-CS Man before someone else does!
ORIGINAL: 02 Stang

-$5,000
--------
$25,000
-$9,000
--------
I didn't expect him to be saying something like that, lol ... I was planning on getting it before next January, but getting opinions on it way before then ... If all works out then by November I will hopefully be in this car ... I want a 5 speed, but I will be doing Highway driving every single day for the next 4 years if I go to USM. So $25,800 ($16,800ish) sounds like a good deal?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:24 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

That's less than what I paid for my '06 GT with $3,000 off sticker! Hell yeah that it a GREAT DEAL. btw will it still be in stock by Nov. 1?
Gas prices are coming down, so I'm sure people will start buying V-8 engined cars/trucks more......IMO Get it now if you can, if it slips through your fingers, it'a gonna be a loooooong winter.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:30 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

That's less than what I paid for my '06 GT with $3,000 off sticker! Hell yeah that it a GREAT DEAL. btw will it still be in stock by Nov. 1?
Gas prices are coming down, so I'm sure people will start buying V-8 engined cars/trucks more......IMO Get it now if you can, if it slips through your fingers, it'a gonna be a loooooong winter.
Yea, I played the 'It's going to be a collectors item' card on my parents, and them only forking over $5,000 of their own cash must sound pretty enticing since I will foot the other 11 - 13k! However, I did notice that they didn't really 'keep track' of the '#' the car was... And GT/CS parts are available to any GT ... So I am guessing it won't be a collectors item like the old SVTs were?
Old 09-26-2006, 03:48 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I'm not sure if the VIN will indicate the difference between a GT and a GT/CS...might want to check with Ford or dealership about this. Although a GT/CS will be hard to replicate to the average modder due to the changes involved(reupholstered seats, unique front/rear fascias, dash panel cover, side stripping) I mean it's possible, but if you can proof documentation(i.e. window sticker-which will prove matching VIN #s), then I think a GT/CS will always command a premium over a normal GT. For that price you're speaking of.....my friend, it's a no-brainer! Good luck!
Old 09-26-2006, 03:59 PM
02 Stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 05gtdriver

I'm not sure if the VIN will indicate the difference between a GT and a GT/CS...might want to check with Ford or dealership about this. Although a GT/CS will be hard to replicate to the average modder due to the changes involved(reupholstered seats, unique front/rear fascias, dash panel cover, side stripping) I mean it's possible, but if you can proof documentation(i.e. window sticker-which will prove matching VIN #s), then I think a GT/CS will always command a premium over a normal GT. For that price you're speaking of.....my friend, it's a no-brainer! Good luck!
The reason i haven't jumped all over this deal is we are expecting some money from a lawsuit back in 2003. The money was supposed to have been here by 8/22... But we still haven't received it. When we get that ($50,000) I'll be all over it... You have a normal GT, right? What did you pay???

Quick Reply: GT/CS