Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

just an unlucky car i guess...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:03 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

Default just an unlucky car i guess...

so as some of you might remember, after about 3 weeks of having my car, i was sitting at a red light and i got rear ended...insurance took care of everything and car was back to perfect a week later...

Well , I come home this past weekend from school and i head over to my lady's house. Now, her family has a huge driveway with a 2 car garage. I always park at the end on the right side facing the house. I get out of the car and start walking up the driveway and my girlfriends sister is backing out of the left garage. I wave and she waves and I start walking into the garage and i hear it. "crrackkk"

I stop dead in my tracks, turn around and sure enough! She was pullin forward OFF of my car. She backed into it sidways so she hit and went along the side above the back left wheel. A couple nice dents and scratched paint the whole length of the wheel well.

Well, i brought it to the shop the next day and took my dads truck back to school for the week, picked her up thursday and she is. once again...good as new.

guess this car is just bad luck because i've had nothing but problems since i got it!!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:09 AM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: just an unlucky car i guess...

Bro I am speachless! What did she do/say after she hit it? Did she cry? All I can say is shake it off and get on with rolling again. I gotta put mine in the shop for a dent in the door. It looks like a shopping cart mark of some kind but bigger. Sucks dont it?

Keep your head up!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:17 AM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

ummmmmmmmmmm. Those of us that pay,... for our cars get screwed, the ones that don't ,..... end up lucky ! IMHO
Old 09-26-2006, 12:34 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ya she pulled up, parked it, got out and was like...im sorry, go get an estimate and im payin for it. And the only thing I could say was... did ya hit it. haha, and she also said shes not payin for it if i take it out on her sister, but i wasn't plannin on it anyways
Old 09-26-2006, 12:40 AM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Sorry to hear about yet another mishap! You held your cool much better than I would have.....
Old 09-26-2006, 01:22 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

I know how you feel. Besides being rear-ended lightly once, I have been the main contributor to my car's dent and scratch vault. Shortly after getting the car I placed a nice dent in the drivers door along with a scratch on the front bumper. Paintless dent took care of me and brought it close to perfect. Hopefully I can pull my head out and keep this from happening again.

Old 09-26-2006, 02:45 PM
freakfactor

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. The very next day after purchasing my GT I drove to Loews to get a couple small things. Parked out in the lot with nobody on either side. Came back and there were people parked on both sides and a nice dent in my door that was deep enough to cut through the paint. I was sick. I didn't even have a car most of this year so you can be sure this car means something to me. Luckilly PDR got it fixed up. Then one week later I did something so stupid, pushed on my car on the rear quarter panel right after the alarm was installed to make sure it was working and put a dent in my own car. Again PDR saved the day and since then I haven't had any problems.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Sounds like a black GT thing. My '05 GT(which was black) got rear ended last Christmas(ho ho ho MFer is how I felt) and was just a magnet for retards getting either, too close, or bumping up against it. Traded it in on an '06 Tungsten Grey GT and haven't had a thing happen(crossing my fingers right now). Sorry to hear that bro......I'm sure things will get better(luck wise).[sm=signs003.gif]
Old 09-26-2006, 04:48 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Daaaaang! Again. Sorry to hear about this one...