Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dyno results in! Dynocom NOT Dynojet

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 09:07 PM
RCT06GT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Dyno results in!

He has the Kooks set-up.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:23 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Thanks Phil!. I just found out today that there is a track 40 minutes away from me. I never knew that. I have never been to a track so I think I will take a trip before winter. They said Friday nights are the go and show nights that anyone and everybody races. The others nights people race for money and stuff. They also mentioned that it is $12 to run as many times as you can. ( is that good?) If you get there early than you can get about 3 runs before the crowds start poring in and the lines start getting long.

Wow, I'm feeling really good about the numbers now! I'm adding the Royal purple today (car is in the shop now) so you see I am trying to squeese a little more out of her.............
Old 09-26-2006, 09:36 PM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Hey congrats, did you ever get your 4.10's in, i did and they put motives in and I'm getting a whine. Shop is cool they're going to install the frrp's.
Old 09-26-2006, 09:46 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

phatphil---Thats why its in the shop now! They started putting the 4.10's in today. I went straight from the Dyno. Sorry to hear about your whine. I spoke with Brent at Brenspeed and he said the low end Motives are more prone to whine but the high performance series has few if any issues UNLESS the install is bad. You know, I heard that there are frpp gears that are made by Motive as well? I forget if its a speacial letter or number that identifies them but some of them are Motive gears in FRPP wrappers. Not all but some. Have you heard that?

I will let you know how it turns out Weds after work and I go get black beauty. If you dont mind me asking how much did install cost you? You can PM me if you prefer. Did you get the whine right away? was it at certain speeds or above? Or was it a whine all the time at any speed?
Old 09-26-2006, 10:55 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

jesus christ
340 to the ground with basic bolt ons. and that is one hell of a torque "curve" hahaha.
you must be very happy haha.

add a meiziere (sp?) water pump, jet Tbs (minimal but every little bit counts), aluminum driveshaft/flywheel, bigger throttle body, if ur willing to deal with the tuning issues, a better coil, and of course royal purple.

i think this should put you over 360 to the ground under the same conditions.

think about it; all this is without really touching the motor (internally). what can an LS1 get up to with just bolt ons? im sure its not too much higher.

imagine a 3v with all the said mods and stage 2 ported heads, cam, and maybe a massaged plenum could do.

400+ RWHP n/a anyone?
Old 09-26-2006, 11:52 PM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Where did you go to have it dyno'd?

Great numbers! Sounds great as well!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:37 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, the Motives came in a box marked FRRP with the letter designation G410M, it needed to read G410A. The whine only happens when I let off the throttle and is more prominent in the higher gears. You'll like the 4.10's especially in 3rd and 4th. My next mod is the aluminum driveshaft, my buddy just got his installed, he says it makes quite a difference. I've also got the torque limiters ordered, should help with my 2nd to 3rd shifting problem. Once again great #'s on the dyno. What was the temperature that day and what is your elevation? I assume cool and pretty close to the coast.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:46 AM
05 Ricky
2nd Gear Member

What was your air fuel at? Nice #'s! I wonder why your max HP is at such a low rpm, most with your mods are maxing their power at 5800-6ish rpms, but it's less beating your motor will take I guess!
Old 09-27-2006, 12:55 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

One word, WOW! I was at a local book store and was looking at the various Mustang magazines and can't remember which mag it was, I think 5.0 Magazine. They were conducting a dyno bash with the '96 GT, '01 GT, '03 Mach 1, '03 Cobra and '05 GT...with basically the same mods(on both cars) the '05 GT out-powered the Mach 1! I guess Ford does have a Better Idea....once again flewbyu, congrats on some mind boggling numbers.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:59 AM
cekim
3rd Gear Member

Congrats! Those are great numbers...

Pretty much regardless of corrections/dynos etc... those are still great numbers...

Quick Reply: Dyno results in! Dynocom NOT Dynojet