Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Biggest Bang for the buck

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2006, 02:26 PM
cryptic26djp
4th Gear Member

Default RE: Biggest Bang for the buck

Okay, you got me on that one! Good idea!!!

ORIGINAL: KTownGT

ORIGINAL: cryptic26djp

You are wrong blackoutstang. $20K of aftermarket parts will push this Mustang past that $70K Vette any day!
Oh, and you can get aftermarket parts installed at the Ford dealerships and keep a warranty. Its not impossible

Whats up with the thought of a Neon [sm=badidea.gif]
Wouldnt own one if they gave it to me

I would take it if offered to me but I would sell it and put the cash into my stang and eat z06's
Old 09-27-2006, 02:56 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

Don't Saleens and Rousch's have warrantys? 55k for the big one and that is probably around the same speed as a z06.
Saleens and rousch's are more related to the base vette c6, not the Zo6. Even though the c6 is very fast as well
Old 09-27-2006, 03:08 PM
therobman7
1st Gear Member

I only paid 22k$ for my stang, leaving me 43k$ to beat a vette.... no problem.... plus, i think mustangs are much nicer.... also, have you guys ridden in both? mustangs are much more comfortable to cruise around in, but that could just be my opinion....
Old 09-27-2006, 05:14 PM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

This thread is very pointless IMO. Okay, a Z06 is an 11 second ride.......AND? These GM biased threads should find a home elsewhere. Isn't this forum for Mustang related topics? Just sounds like someone wants to start some commotion.[sm=idontcare.gif]
Old 09-27-2006, 10:53 PM
BlackoutStang
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 1QuickShortBus

ORIGINAL: BlackoutStang

Headers intake only c6 z06's are running 11.5's. It's too biased posting here, I mean our Mustang's are great cars, but there's no hiding it, even with 20k in parts on your stang, you don't have a stock car running 11's... You buy a c6 z06, and bonestock you can be under 12, full warranty, everything. The only way a stang will see that is with a blower, not stock, not N/A, no warranty. I love my car, but I try not to be so biased.
You are out of your mind if you don't think a Mustang can run mid 11's for 20k in mods. Turbo - $5500, suspension - $2000 and some other various mods - 3k will be more than enough to run low 11's and even deep into the 10s with a good driver. And I still have 10k left to spend.
Re-read my post please guys, you can put 20k into our car, but then it's not stock, is it? I realize that y'all love the Mustangs like I do, but be realistic. The whole "Yeah well for the price of your car, I could make my car 10x as fast as your expensive POS." arguement is so lame, that's what the people in riced out civics say to cars like ours.

We get it, you can always make a less expensive car faster than a more expensive car, it works for damn near anything... You can make a civic faster than a GT, you can make a SRT-4 faster than a c6 z06, you can make a LS1 Maro faster than a Viper... blah blah blah, it goes on and on.

He said stock for stock, and the stock Ls7 motor is insane, it's an amazing stock car. 11's stock is amazing.

I hope you guys realize if you posted the same post on Vette Forums, SRT Forums, etc, it would always end up with that car being the one that everyone says "It's the best hands down".

Again, I love my car guys, but don't jump on me when I say that I'd take the z06... the bias gets annoying, especially when I'm a loving Mustang owner aswell, getting jumped on for giving my opinion.
Old 09-27-2006, 11:41 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

This thread is very pointless IMO. Okay, a Z06 is an 11 second ride.......AND? These GM biased threads should find a home elsewhere. Isn't this forum for Mustang related topics? Just sounds like someone wants to start some commotion.
It was a simple question. What ever answer is your opinion. THe options include 3 fords not to mention the two MUSTANGS. I thought this would be interesting. It was obviously interesting enough to click the topic and post as well.
Old 09-28-2006, 01:47 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

I see your point, but I see apples to oranges....a Z06 is an awesome machine....never doubted that...but a Mustang offers better back for the buck...let's see a Z06 runs a 12 flat(under average conditons) this equates to $5,417 a second....at GT runs a 13.5(average) so that equates to $1926 a second.....do the math. The SRT4 is no longer produced so it doesn't count Never said a Z06 is lame, and yes it would take some coin to put a GT on even terms(overall), but in a straight line it's just about $8-10K away. BTW I'm going by the base price of each car(Z06@$65K, GT@$26K) Cheers!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:48 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Oopps, that's "bang for the buck" Damn keyboard!
Old 09-28-2006, 01:52 AM
OxSMSxO
2nd Gear Member

Best bang for the buck. Is definately not buying a car, I can do about 1:30 in the qtr mile on foot, pretty easy to. If I redlined it the whole way, could shoot for a minute.
Old 09-28-2006, 02:06 AM
05gtdriver
5th Gear Member

Finally some levity[sm=funnypostabove.gif]

Quick Reply: Biggest Bang for the buck