Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

LT Selection Help

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2006, 08:48 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Default RE: LT Selection Help

I think you guys have convinced me to get the dynatech set.

How much louder is this going to be and how much more drone? at Idle, driving, and WOT? I have stingers. I want it to be pretty loud, but I dont want a ton of drone.

I realize you cant tell me it is exactly 10db louder but just an overall impression if you guys have stingers.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:01 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I'm using the Dynatech catted set on my car, with the Borla stingers.

It's definatley loud. Not obnoxious, but it's loud.

There is a moderate amount of drone at about 1800 rpm. I installed a set of resonators to get rid of that, and with the resonators there is basically no drone at all.

Idle has a nice rumble. Driving is not too bad, at WOT she screams! You'll be grinning ear to ear.
Old 10-10-2006, 10:32 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

So even idle is a good bit louder than just the stingers? THat is great. The drone is there now at 1800 and it doesnt bother me much. is it going to get worse?

Thx alot for the help guys I think you have chosen my header set for me..they should give you some commision =)
Old 10-10-2006, 10:49 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Yes, it will be louder than the stingers alone...mainly because of the high-flow cats letting more sound through than the OEM cats.

The drone will get worse, but not by much. If it doesn't bother you now, I doubt it will in the future. It's easy to avoid anyway...just don't keep the engine at exactly 1800.
Old 10-10-2006, 11:48 PM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

I know you mentioned that the dynatech came with all the needed parts. Is there something that the kooks comes with that the Dynatech doesnt? I ask because on most sites the Kooks is labled "Complete system" while the Dynatech is not.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...er-system.html
Old 10-10-2006, 11:59 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Riven02

I know you mentioned that the dynatech came with all the needed parts. Is there something that the kooks comes with that the Dynatech doesnt? I ask because on most sites the Kooks is labled "Complete system" while the Dynatech is not.

http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...er-system.html

That's probably just marketing BS. The Dynatech kit comes with EVERYTHING. All the gaskets, bolts, clamps...and a very good set of directions with illustrated color photos for every step.
Old 10-11-2006, 12:07 AM
Riven02
4th Gear Member

Very cool now if I can just find a good deal before Christmas. (My wife is buying me these for Christmas) [sm=happy046.gif]
Old 10-11-2006, 12:54 AM
phatphil
3rd Gear Member

The kooks work with the torque limiters, no problem.
Old 10-11-2006, 05:50 AM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

I have the Kooks and think they are great. If you can afford to get them now texashotrods had a group buy a while back and I just saw them offer the group buy price to someone else. You should call them and see what they say.

Earl
Old 10-11-2006, 02:30 PM
RedNyt GT
2nd Gear Member

Hey guys, been reading on all this and really want LT headers myself. One place (wont mention names) told me that the Kooks arent really long tube (he said more like equal length if I remember right) and said that I should by American Racing brand (the brand he sells of course) because theyre true long tube and they were 1 5/8 (not sure if thats the right figure) Watcha think guys ? Thanks

Quick Reply: LT Selection Help