Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2006, 11:50 PM
Bigbishjas
1st Gear Member

Default Issues

I brought my car in for an engine ticking noise and it turned out to be a cracked cylider head. Gone for two weeks. Get the car back and throwing codes...the idiot mechanic reflashed the computer (specifically asked him not to) so my diablo predator does not recognize my computer. Anyone know the password to reset the unit? I guess Im going to call diablo tomorrow.

Also, Im having a clunking noise coming from my front passenger strut/spring/wheel area. The noise is replicated when I go forward a foot or two and stop quick and then go reverse a foot or two and stop quick. Basically rocking back and forth. I can feel it in the steering wheel. Also I have a sqeeking noise coming from that same wheel, doesnt sound like rubbing or anything, just a squeek with the speed of the car. I know this explanation is terrible, but if anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. My mods are in my signature.

Im rather disappointed in the car so far...erratic fuel sensor, fuel pump replaced, cracked cylider head, etc. Love the car when its running right, but with only 3900 miles this isnt fun.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:34 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Issues

Man! I don't suppose your middle name is "Lucky".

Better make sure your lug nuts are tight. Maybe they put your head on through the wheel well!

Old 10-12-2006, 01:20 AM
8URWS6
2nd Gear Member

+1

Now that Ford is hurting, service might suffer as well. I'm sure those idiots at Ford dogged your car out when you had it in there.
I know that they did mine when I had mine serviced for warranty work.... ran like a dog untill I recalibrated the throttle. The funny thing was, they tore up the sterring wheel center cap in the process AND then denied that they did anything wrong. They said I did it. B.S STEALERSHIPS!!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:29 PM
Bigbishjas
1st Gear Member

There is no doubt service is hurting as well...I could barely have a conversation with the guy who worked on my car...it was like talking to a 4 year old. Im also having the rear axle whine on slow turns and they are not fixing it because of all the other warranty they have done. I know what thier problem is, if they keep fixing more and more stuff, they will be afraid I may scream LEMON. Any chance someone on here knows of a Ford dealership that has experience with Mustangs in the Westchester, NY area?
Old 10-12-2006, 06:31 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Holy hell I have a small ticking noise sometimes but I figured it was just a noisy valve train......everytime I get my car serviced they never say anything.....should be ok?
Old 10-12-2006, 08:07 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Bigbishjas

I brought my car in for an engine ticking noise and it turned out to be a cracked cylider head. Gone for two weeks. Get the car back and throwing codes...the idiot mechanic reflashed the computer (specifically asked him not to) so my diablo predator does not recognize my computer. Anyone know the password to reset the unit? I guess Im going to call diablo tomorrow.

Also, Im having a clunking noise coming from my front passenger strut/spring/wheel area. The noise is replicated when I go forward a foot or two and stop quick and then go reverse a foot or two and stop quick. Basically rocking back and forth. I can feel it in the steering wheel. Also I have a sqeeking noise coming from that same wheel, doesnt sound like rubbing or anything, just a squeek with the speed of the car. I know this explanation is terrible, but if anyone has suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. My mods are in my signature.

Im rather disappointed in the car so far...erratic fuel sensor, fuel pump replaced, cracked cylider head, etc. Love the car when its running right, but with only 3900 miles this isnt fun.
Dude is this some scary S@#t you are telling us here. I also have an 06 and now wander what the future holds. If you follow some of the threads our Stangs seem to have lots of issues: fuel cap issues, fuel pump issues, rear axle whine, dash board noises, long cruise hesitation, leaks that affect electrical stuff, on and on...not good...
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

All cars have issues, that's why there are warranties.

Light ticking is probably just your fuel injectors. Listen close to them and you'll be able to tell.
Old 10-13-2006, 12:14 AM
Bigbishjas
1st Gear Member

Now I think this is funny...all the front end noises was because the lug nuts were not tight on just the front passenger side. The Ford service guy must have taken the tire off, I dont know how in the hell the lugs would be loose, but maybe they installed the head through the wheel well!! Ha!! Unbelievable. Now onto the C&L intake...I basically could have pulled the whole unit off with no effort at all. All the clamps were not tight, half *** re-install. So I pulled the whole thing off, cleaned the mass air inflow sensor with some computer air spray and re-installed the unit along with the tune. After all of this the car is running like a beast again with no codes or any noises from the suspension. The only thing I hear is that damn gear whine, in due time that will be fixed as well. For some reason the MAC's sound rediculous right now...they never sounded so sweet!!!

As for Ford service...what a bunch of bozzo's. Thats the best word for em. As said in a previous post, this is probably going to be the norm since Ford is going through such a hard time.
ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang

Better make sure your lug nuts are tight. Maybe they put your head on through the wheel well!

Old 10-13-2006, 12:19 AM
Bigbishjas
1st Gear Member

If the ticking noise happens at random times and is very loud, almost like the sound of a baseball card in a bicylcle spokes, but with a metallic sound, bring it in and tell them you want to perform the valve lash tsb. If your car is manufactured during the first few months of 2006 they have to do the TSB. Type in "Valve lash" in the search engine and you will find my post on this TSB.

ORIGINAL: TMG

Holy hell I have a small ticking noise sometimes but I figured it was just a noisy valve train......everytime I get my car serviced they never say anything.....should be ok?
Old 10-13-2006, 10:41 PM
Justastockmustang
2nd Gear Member

I don't know if "funny" is the word I would use. If it had been my wife driving your car I would not have heard about it until the accident was reported.

The shops have every tool at there disposal and either use an impact gun getting the lugs so tight you could never get them off on the side of the road or they don't get them tight at all. I usually take the wheels in the back of my truck to get new tire! I use a small 4-way lug wrench and have never had a wheel come loose or be difficult to get off!

This is all too common. May sure the dealship a least knows about this. Especially since it was a safety issue.

Glad you fixed things before there was damage!

ORIGINAL: Bigbishjas

Now I think this is funny...all the front end noises was because the lug nuts were not tight on just the front passenger side. The Ford service guy must have taken the tire off, I dont know how in the hell the lugs would be loose, but maybe they installed the head through the wheel well!! Ha!! Unbelievable. Now onto the C&L intake...I basically could have pulled the whole unit off with no effort at all. All the clamps were not tight, half *** re-install. So I pulled the whole thing off, cleaned the mass air inflow sensor with some computer air spray and re-installed the unit along with the tune. After all of this the car is running like a beast again with no codes or any noises from the suspension. The only thing I hear is that damn gear whine, in due time that will be fixed as well. For some reason the MAC's sound rediculous right now...they never sounded so sweet!!!

As for Ford service...what a bunch of bozzo's. Thats the best word for em. As said in a previous post, this is probably going to be the norm since Ford is going through such a hard time.
ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang

Quick Reply: Issues