Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Issues

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2006, 01:24 PM
Bigbishjas
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Issues

Thanks justastockmustang...Im already in the process of contacting ford directly...I was my axle whine to be fixed!! Ford will hear about this one!!
ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang

I don't know if "funny" is the word I would use. If it had been my wife driving your car I would not have heard about it until the accident was reported.

The shops have every tool at there disposal and either use an impact gun getting the lugs so tight you could never get them off on the side of the road or they don't get them tight at all. I usually take the wheels in the back of my truck to get new tire! I use a small 4-way lug wrench and have never had a wheel come loose or be difficult to get off!

This is all too common. May sure the dealship a least knows about this. Especially since it was a safety issue.

Glad you fixed things before there was damage!

ORIGINAL: Bigbishjas

Now I think this is funny...all the front end noises was because the lug nuts were not tight on just the front passenger side. The Ford service guy must have taken the tire off, I dont know how in the hell the lugs would be loose, but maybe they installed the head through the wheel well!! Ha!! Unbelievable. Now onto the C&L intake...I basically could have pulled the whole unit off with no effort at all. All the clamps were not tight, half *** re-install. So I pulled the whole thing off, cleaned the mass air inflow sensor with some computer air spray and re-installed the unit along with the tune. After all of this the car is running like a beast again with no codes or any noises from the suspension. The only thing I hear is that damn gear whine, in due time that will be fixed as well. For some reason the MAC's sound rediculous right now...they never sounded so sweet!!!

As for Ford service...what a bunch of bozzo's. Thats the best word for em. As said in a previous post, this is probably going to be the norm since Ford is going through such a hard time.
ORIGINAL: Justastockmustang

Man! I don't suppose your middle name is "Lucky".

Better make sure your lug nuts are tight. Maybe they put your head on through the wheel well!