Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

best thing to do to increase whp.

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 12:26 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

Default best thing to do to increase whp.

guys -

i am getting really sick of the lack of power on my 06 gt. it just seems so slow to me...maybe it's because i modded the crap out of my last car (03 acura rsx-s), or maybe i'm just used to it. in any case, i just think it is pathetic that if i floor it in 1st or 2nd and engage the clutch at a low rpm and run it up to redline, i barely will break traction with tcs off. i want it so if i floor it in 1st or 2nd, even starting at 1k-2k, i will burn rubber like nothing. i want to step on the gas in 5th gear on the highway and have the car take-off like a rocket. however at the same time, i want stock reliability and i want to keep my full warranty with no engine modifications if possible.

so, what should i do? i want the most gains per $, that won't affect reliability, and that won't involve popping the hood. i'm thinking 4.10 gears (or even 4.30's!) and also maybe a tune. will that do it?
Old 10-12-2006, 12:35 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: best thing to do to increase whp.

I'll sell you my XCAL tuner for $200. It's got an 87 and 91 perf. tune as well as an 87 octane CAI tune.

I think what you're looking for is what everyone wants, but is not very possible. I would love 600hp, but unfortunately it's not that easy. Most people will agree, the best mod you can make is the tuner.
Old 10-12-2006, 03:12 PM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

why are you selling it? and where is the 93 octane tune?
Old 10-12-2006, 04:31 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

contact Fred at www.evoperform.com he's a site sponsor, $525 shipped for JLT II CAI and SCT X-Cal2 with a good canned tune in 87 89 or 93 octane he'll give you 2-3 different tunes. Do the 4.30's in the situation you are in and you should be set for a bit, i'm craving more power as well that's why i'm going to be adding my Saleen blower this xmas.

-Jeff
Old 10-12-2006, 04:34 PM
Sonic3v
4th Gear Member

Zex ftw.

Edit:

Im just wondering...you claim to run a 13.4 with a stock GT...yest you dont have the ability to smoke the tires? I can pound it at 1500rpm and get 0 traction at all....something doesnt add up....
Old 10-12-2006, 04:45 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I don't think you're going to get the performance you want without boost.
Old 10-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Black06GT40324
3rd Gear Member

ford designed our cars NOT to lose traction. . . if you want to lose traction. . .

get a GTO 6.0 you will lose traction all you want

just keep in mind you will lose to GT's in a race because of those traction issues
Old 10-12-2006, 05:45 PM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

IMY,

Good question. It didn't come with a 93 tune. Not that I need it...we don't even have 93 octane here.

It's the XCAL 1 or whatever you call it so there isn't a display on it.
Old 10-12-2006, 06:20 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

If you want to lose traction just get some pirelli Pzeros. Zero stands for zero traction.

ORIGINAL: Black06GT40324

ford designed our cars NOT to lose traction. . . if you want to lose traction. . .

get a GTO 6.0 you will lose traction all you want

just keep in mind you will lose to GT's in a race because of those traction issues
Old 10-12-2006, 06:23 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

guys -

i am getting really sick of the lack of power on my 06 gt. it just seems so slow to me...maybe it's because i modded the crap out of my last car (03 acura rsx-s), or maybe i'm just used to it. in any case, i just think it is pathetic that if i floor it in 1st or 2nd and engage the clutch at a low rpm and run it up to redline, i barely will break traction with tcs off. i want it so if i floor it in 1st or 2nd, even starting at 1k-2k, i will burn rubber like nothing. i want to step on the gas in 5th gear on the highway and have the car take-off like a rocket. however at the same time, i want stock reliability and i want to keep my full warranty with no engine modifications if possible.

so, what should i do? i want the most gains per $, that won't affect reliability, and that won't involve popping the hood. i'm thinking 4.10 gears (or even 4.30's!) and also maybe a tune. will that do it?
American Clutches are way different than import. You need to learn how to drive an american car What RPM are you dumping the clutch?

Quick Reply: best thing to do to increase whp.