Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Prices paid for your Mustang GT?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Francis_

Default Prices paid for your Mustang GT?

Hi everyone

I think I'm about to take the plunge to join you guys as a member, and I'm shopping around for an 07 Mustang GT stickshift.

I'm trying to figure out $what I'm getting myself into - unfortunately, I don't have X-Plan or anything like that. I'm shopping around right now, and I'd appreciate any advice you might have to offer.

What did you pay for your Mustang GT? What options/trim? X-Plan or no?

Thanks in advance

Old 10-20-2006, 11:27 AM
swensicle
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Prices paid for your Mustang GT?

I got mine for invoice in May of '06 and the car is an '06. It depends a lot on dealer inventory and how well they are selling those cars. I would recommend finding a dealer that had some 06's left and try and get those for under invoice. There's only about $2k of markup avg. in the GT's, so I would recommend offering $2500 or so below MSRP and stick to your guns. Tell them there are enough dealers out there that you should easily be able to get this price on an 06. 07's are a little different as they are still early in the model-year. However, you should still be able to get a little off. The best would have been to buy an 06 when they had 0% for 72 months.

Old 10-20-2006, 11:47 AM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

I picked mine up in September 2007. I think I'm working this out right...

$25960 with A-Plan, Thats the price without tax, my trade-in, and the $500 rebate they had running at the time. It may have been slightly more, but it was NOT more than $26,500.

2007 Mustang GT Premium
Satin Silver / Charcoal
IUP, Comfort Group
Active Anti Theft
3.55 Rear Axle
18" Fanblades
5spd Manual
Old 10-20-2006, 11:48 AM
jt14894
2nd Gear Member

Paid MSRP, $28,315, on my GT Premium in July 2005. No X-plan.
They were setting like hotcakes, at the time, so they wouldn't go any lower.
They were so hot, I was hearing stories of people paying $1,000s over MSRP, although, there were a minority of those who did get them for a discount, such as, x-plan.
I guess I got lucky.
Old 10-20-2006, 12:09 PM
Dastang01
1st Gear Member

I just ordered my 2007 GT premium w/ the 3.55 gears, fully loaded everthing but the heated seats and sirius. The salesman that sold it to me gave me his X-plan so with that it was $27,705 w/out tax. You should ask the car dealership you go to they might beable to give you the X-plan
Old 10-20-2006, 12:54 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

on my 06, including the trade allowance and 7-100 warranty, we were out the door at 26,583 after working a deal for two days... They didnt want to give me more for my trade so I haggled them down on the price of the car. This was during the 0% 72 deal.

2006 GT Premuim Coupe
Satin Silver
Auto Trans
Shaker 500
Interior Upgrade
17" w/Pirelli's
Black Leather
Security System Upgrade
and some other stuff, basically everything but the red trim leather and the Shaker 1000
Old 10-20-2006, 01:01 PM
Saleen302
I ♥ Acer

X-Plan is for employees of companies that have agreements with Ford.

A-Plan is for employees of companies owned by Ford.

A and X plan prices are set prices for the car, but do not incl dealer added items. Those usally have a set A or X Plan price as well.

If you don't fall into either category, do an internet search of your local dealers and go through their internet sales people. They deal on "volume" and you can usually get a better deal dealing with them than the showroom sales people. You also don't want to talk trade in when you're talking price. You usually can look at the stickers of all the cars through their websites and find a car you're really interested in. Contact the internet sales people and tell them you're interested in that particular car and discuss price on the phone or email before you actually go in. Tell them you know exactly what you can afford your payments to be and you may find they will be very open about the best price you can get. It never hurts to ask them to fax you or email you the "Dealer Invoice" on the car. The best time to buy usually is the first and last week of the month.

I had X-Plan. My 06 GT Premium stickered about $33,500 with $3,000 ADP (Added Dealer Profit), other dealer added profit schemes (e.g. clear bra, windshield protector, paint and interior protection, jada, jada, jada). I paid about $26,500.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:32 PM
peteypete

05 GT Premium, 22.5K, 2k miles, ebay baby!
Old 10-20-2006, 01:42 PM
ffk_pennywise
3rd Gear Member

'07 Coupe GT. 5 speed. 3.55 gears. Premium. Shaker 500. Heated Seats. Stripes. Sirius. No alarm or appearance package. 17" chrome wheels.

I paid 26.5k after getting the recent college graduate $500 discount. Dave Sinclair Ford in Saint Louis. Bought the last week September with no trade-in.
Old 10-20-2006, 01:49 PM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

$30,140. Black on Balck leather with every upgrade you could possibly get except shaker 1000.

Quick Reply: Prices paid for your Mustang GT?