Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I'm jealous of you "Northern Folks"

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2006, 12:13 AM
Dumpweed
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I'm jealous of you "Northern Folks"

yeah the cool weather helps...but it doesnt really mean much when your wasting all the poines...in a ditch...because of SNOW, haha

yeah, i live in northern indiana, and this morning, i hate to say it...my car had snow on it...it was a real wet, not like a puffy mid december or january snow...nothing was on the ground...so that made me feel a little better...not much, but some
Old 10-25-2006, 12:50 AM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Grabbn 07
IT SUCKS LIVING IN IT DAY AFTER DAY THO [:@]

+11111111111111111111

shes goin away this weekend!!!
Old 10-25-2006, 01:14 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

you think that's great, move to chicago! it was 30 degrees here, and damn...my mustang FLEW, especially when i just started it up and the engine was cold!!

i'd say like a 30hp difference...easily! it was night and day. that's why i hate warm days, and i hate when my car hits normal operating temp cause i lose lots of power. and if the a/c is on, wow....bog city.
Old 10-25-2006, 01:19 AM
imyy4u
3rd Gear Member

funny thing about the temp though, is when you have more power, is when you don't want it or can't use it. i mean what good is 30 more hp with snow on the ground? i just wish the warmer it got, the faster my mustang got :-) or that the car did better at normal operating temp than when its cold.
Old 10-25-2006, 02:15 AM
stangoil
2nd Gear Member

IT IS COLDER BUT IN CANADA THE ELEVATION TAKES ALL THE HP AND MORE THAN THE COLD CAN MAKE UP. 500 HP @3773 FT IS A HIGH 13 SECOND CAR UP HERE THAT SUCKS
Old 10-25-2006, 02:36 AM
BLackie
2nd Gear Member

IT IS COLDER BUT IN CANADA THE ELEVATION TAKES ALL THE HP AND MORE THAN THE COLD CAN MAKE UP. 500 HP @3773 FT IS A HIGH 13 SECOND CAR UP HERE THAT SUCKS
Im sorry for that time. I really am. Move down south. Texas wouldnt mind a 500HP stang
Old 10-25-2006, 03:49 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

My car sounds 10X better when it starts w/ a cold motor; even the the exhuast sounds better. But its not any faster when it has a cold motor during low temp then when its fully warmed up. Its a bad idea to be pushing ur car when its has a codl motor; wot could hurt it. But yes; tonite i notice at wot i was blinding the truck(first time you hear a car blinding ppl in a truck) up ahead...LOL; when i first pulled out; my head lights were at this trucks bumper; but by 6000rpm the lights were at there heads. Then i shifted and they were back to the bumer.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:26 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: imyy4u

you think that's great, move to chicago! it was 30 degrees here, and damn...my mustang FLEW, especially when i just started it up and the engine was cold!!

i'd say like a 30hp difference...easily! it was night and day. that's why i hate warm days, and i hate when my car hits normal operating temp cause i lose lots of power. and if the a/c is on, wow....bog city.

i am PRETTY sure...you are NOT suppost to run your motor hard when it is still cold. Very bad idea. I am almost positive that the reason why my old car had so many motor problems was because i ran it to the ground when it was cold...almost every day.
Old 10-25-2006, 11:48 PM
FrostByte
5th Gear Member

That 1st mile is most important. Just gotta get oil to top end.
Old 10-26-2006, 11:29 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaiasmit

ORIGINAL: TPony

All is good, but my topless days are over until spring...brrrrr...
+1

I'm still hoping for one more warm day, but I don't think it's going to happen.
Tell you what...when topless when the outside temp was low 60's and it was not fun....I guess I need to give it up for now..oh, well...

Quick Reply: I'm jealous of you "Northern Folks"