Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Granatelli CAI

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 05:22 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Granatelli CAI

Yeah, I told him I wasn't interested in replacing the unit, and haven't gotten a response yet. If you call them let me know what they say.
Old 11-07-2006, 05:54 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: likemike99

mine should be coming any day now. I'll chime in to let you all know hom anotherone went.
Drop me a PM if you have any questions.

ORIGINAL: TElke1
I just got email back saying that I need to talk to Granatelli also, this is not want I wanted to hear b/c I have a feeling this could take a while to get resolved.......I guess I will try this and see if this is a common problem or not, It sounds it might....
I haven't heard any complaints about Granatelli before (that is one reason why I bought a CAI from them) so I'm surprised you had a problem. Who knows, maybe you got a bad MAF or MAF connector? Chips can be defective, I doubt they test them before shipping, and even if they did, there's always a chance something could have happened during shipping. (Random neutrino bombardment or something, LOL)

Let us know what you find out. Patience, as always. Sometimes you just get the bum luck.

BTW, you don't have a previous tune in place, do you? The supplied Granatelli jumper assumes you're running stock.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:03 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

I know im a very impatience person! I think prob the unit is bad, Im going to try to install it again and see what happens, If I get the same results, Im going to try to get a replacement MAF unit if I can....or yeah, no tune on the car either.......later
Old 11-07-2006, 06:20 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

No tune. I'm a bit impatient myself. After two weeks of anticipation this is what I get. It's kind of hard to be patient now.
Old 11-07-2006, 06:49 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: godminus1

No tune. I'm a bit impatient myself. After two weeks of anticipation this is what I get. It's kind of hard to be patient now.

Are you going to try to return your unit? I was thinking of trying to get it to work and if no luck, get an SCT and a tune and install the intake with the stock MAF unit.....good luck wiht your troubles, I feel you!
Old 11-07-2006, 08:43 PM
godminus1
2nd Gear Member

I am going to return the unit. If it was one problem, no big deal, but for starters the heat shield doesn't even sit right. You put on the gromit like the directions say, put in the screw, and the gromit doesnt even come close to the hole. It should sit right into place where the stock air box was without any hassle. I don't want this unit.
Old 11-08-2006, 02:53 AM
algregory
3rd Gear Member

You used electrical tape on the MAF connector. Personally, I've never had a great deal of success with electrical tape. Keeps coming off. Didn't even think of it. I took some bicycle inner tube, wrapped about two times around the connection, with a little stretch, and secured with a nylon tie. Time will tell. I think we feel good about the nylon tie, just don't know of the degrade factor on the inner tube.
Old 11-08-2006, 12:35 PM
Arrow
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: godminus1

I am going to return the unit. If it was one problem, no big deal, but for starters the heat shield doesn't even sit right. You put on the gromit like the directions say, put in the screw, and the gromit doesnt even come close to the hole. It should sit right into place where the stock air box was without any hassle. I don't want this unit.
Wow. Send us pics, I wanna see. Either you've got the wrong car, or yer trying to mount through the ABS tie hole. The bolt alignment was one of the only things that fit perfectly for me. THe rest of the box was...not very conforming.

ORIGINAL: algregory

You used electrical tape on the MAF connector. Personally, I've never had a great deal of success with electrical tape. Keeps coming off. Didn't even think of it. I took some bicycle inner tube, wrapped about two times around the connection, with a little stretch, and secured with a nylon tie. Time will tell. I think we feel good about the nylon tie, just don't know of the degrade factor on the inner tube.
LOL
Old 11-08-2006, 07:19 PM
likemike99
2nd Gear Member

I just got mine, but my car is still at paint. I hope I don't have any of these problems
Old 11-09-2006, 02:17 AM
Chef
2nd Gear Member

I went C&L CAI, EVO tune . Directions left out a couple of steps, best to have someone who has done a few there while installing for the first time.

Quick Reply: Granatelli CAI