Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

I want a louder exhaust!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2006, 11:22 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

Default RE: I want a louder exhaust!!!

do you have to veld to take off the mufflers or there are bolts on that i can just losen them?

also any performance loss or gain with no mufflers?

Old 11-07-2006, 11:38 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Seriously... The search function!!!!

SLP Loudmouths. Last time I'll say it... -.-
Old 11-07-2006, 11:57 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: doodad

do you have to veld to take off the mufflers or there are bolts on that i can just losen them?

im guessing you are saying weld. nope, just 5 bolts on each. Heck, even i could do it.
Old 11-08-2006, 04:45 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 06stangGT

ORIGINAL: doodad

im guessing you are saying weld. nope, just 5 bolts on each. Heck, even i could do it.
ok i will try tomorrow and see how it sounds does the sound annoying? or sounds sweet? but how about power? removing mufflers will make me lose power, gain power or no difference?
Old 11-08-2006, 08:21 AM
06stangdreamin

ORIGINAL: Saleen302

Be prepared for complaints and noise tickets. Don't whine like a female dog when it happens.
Do you ever post anything useful or just BS? Stop disgracing the man in your sig. The SLPs alone are not loud enough to get you a ticket, and if you baby it through your neighborhood it will just purr.
Old 11-08-2006, 08:48 AM
saltzy
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MustangGTMike06

I have a ford racing axel back exhaust on my 06 gt stang. i dont really like it. i want it to sound loud as hell? any thoughts of what i should do?
How old are your FRPPs? Are you interested in selling them once you get them off? Let me know if you are, and what you're asking I might be interested assuming they're in good shape.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:33 AM
mpn1jgk

Dude,

I have an 05 with long tube Kooks headers with x-pipe no cats, and SLP exhaust. It was so loud that I had to get small resonators installed underneath the car because it was driving me crazy. With the resonators installed; it is still loud but driveable. When you step on the throttle, it sounds like a can of "Kick ***" is opening up...
Old 11-09-2006, 03:18 PM
Nick040905
1st Gear Member

Is it easy to take the cats off?
Old 11-09-2006, 04:16 PM
VaporDude
5th Gear Member

Get the SLP Loudmouth mufflers. It just purrrrrssss going down the road. When you go WOT, they just screams. They are a little loud at startup so if you have close neighbors, you may not want that. If you are worried about drone, line your trunk with some quilt batting from Walmart. This helps out alot with the noise. If that don't help, there is a volume **** on the radio, kick it up a few notches. There is no loss of power but you may gain 1 or 2 horses because you have less back pressure compared to stock mufflers. There are some post saying they lost some power in the upper end of the tach with these mufflers.
Old 11-09-2006, 04:22 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

I swear... As long as we keep justifying posts that could clearly have been answered simply by searching or hitting the "Page: 2" button on the forum page...

That being said, I have nothing against you, Mike, but this kind of repetitive posting has to stop... MF is -notorious- on the Internets for having massive numbers of useless/aggravating/answered yesterday and the day before and the day before posts out there.

Quick Reply: I want a louder exhaust!!!