Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

a warning about warranty

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2006, 08:38 PM
duk
1st Gear Member

Default RE: a warning about warranty

its a shame that you have to make a scene to get Ford to do anything.
Old 11-09-2006, 01:09 AM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

It goes both ways as far as louzy people not knowing what they are doing and/or doing a **** poor job. If Ford had better employees at their manufacturing plants then maybe there wouldn't be such a HUGE need to repair Ford vehicles...
Old 11-09-2006, 01:57 PM
StartMeUp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: RedGTyl

There is a really long story to this but I will spare everyone. Keep in mind my GT has 9,000 miles on it. The short story is that my car's transmission had a really acting up the last few months especially after long drives. there was alot of vibration, extremely inconsistant performance and the tranny was noisy. I brought it into the dealer 4 times and they told me there was nothing wrong every time. "our foreman cannot duplicate the problem" It was like the twilight zone. I would act up for me but not for them. I finally approached the general manager with my problem (we know each other because my dads video editing business is doing a commericial for them). He made sure the transmission came off today. And what did they find? well my hydralic assembly in the clutch was leaking which soaked my clutch. It was a slow leak which explains the inconsistancy of the problem. Sad that their impotent techs could not figure it out. Anyway they are replacing the entire clutch assembly except the flywheel. They still havent checked the fluid in the gearbox to explain the loud gears. So we'll see. Lets just say I'm relieved. I got so tired of eveyone tell me there was nothing wrong with the car.

The moral of this story is this. The general manager told me that the reason my problem wasn't dealt with is because Ford has been coming down hard on warrenty work. Now the dealership has to call a "hotline" to get permission to take off any part on the motor or drivetrain. Without enough cause they wont do anything. They almost screwed me over to the point of selling the car when there actually WAS a problem. My service adviser asked a few mechanics to take the tranny off but they refused. I thnk they were just afriad of being fired if they took the tranny off and there be no problem. Well there was. Thankfully I had a conection at that dealer. Who knows it might never have been fixed.

If dealerships are not helping you must be persistant. With Ford losing money they are not out to help you unless they absolutely must. Start a **** storm!

I'm curious, has anyone else had problems with warranty work?

I don't want to know how you found out their techs are impotent.

Sorry, couldn't resist.
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
RedGTyl
1st Gear Member

ha! yea.. i just know these things.....
Old 11-11-2006, 12:19 AM
frzn pony
1st Gear Member

I'm having a ton of Dealer problems too.....check engine lights with "bank 2 lean" codes.....Been going on for 4 months now.So far 2 times its been "no problem found" at the first dealer,a mass air sensor at the second(why I have no idea) and the third dealer is next week.I think its maybe a EGR problem because it sets the light at 3/4 to wide open throttle almost everytime.The 02 on that bank test fine.........how do I know......because I guess the Ford Dealers are fooling a ASE Master Tech with 20yrs under his belt.....I love it when peaple think I'm stupid.
Old 11-11-2006, 03:26 AM
MustFoose

The Dealer makes the Difference. I work for a Local Ford Dealer. The Dealership I work for continually pushes for ALL techs to continue Training with Ford. We just do not try to just meet the guidelines on minimum trained in each speciality area. We want all Techs to Push for get their Master Cetificate from Ford, not just meet the guidline but exceed. We go out of the way to try to solve everyones problems but sometimes there is instances that you cannot. Sometimes you have to drive more to make problem more apparent. There is not 1 tech that I know that is Flat Rate that will sign up to do a Job for Free. As for your problem maybe that dealership you was dealing with was a dealership caught parts swapping and not diagnosing. As Far as Ford needing to hire Techs thats a ridiculous concept. They don't have any reason to consider this. If you are dealing with a Honest and reputable Car Dealership you wouldn't have these problems. They would explain the situation and do everything they could do to help you solve this.
Old 07-01-2007, 10:20 PM
exforbrian
1st Gear Member

Hi Guys, ok I have a question.. I have a new 2007 GT it had 4 miles on it and I want to modify the car, and I dont know if it will void the factory waranty, and or the extended that Ibought. I want to put things on it like S/C, headers, cat back, hurst shifter, lowering springs, 4:10 gears, and things of that sort.. will this kill my waranty? if so can I get the 2500 bucks back for the extended waranty? thanks
Old 07-01-2007, 11:10 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: exforbrian

Hi Guys, ok I have a question.. I have a new 2007 GT it had 4 miles on it and I want to modify the car, and I dont know if it will void the factory waranty, and or the extended that Ibought. I want to put things on it like S/C, headers, cat back, hurst shifter, lowering springs, 4:10 gears, and things of that sort.. will this kill my waranty? if so can I get the 2500 bucks back for the extended waranty? thanks
You can get your money back for the extended warranty. Extended warranties are a scam, that's why they push them so hard. No modification can completely void your warranty, but if you have internal engine problems and you have a S/C installed, good luck getting any dealer to look at it.

Old 07-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Mikes_BLK_GT
4th Gear Member

The warranty doesnt void but if they determine that your aftermarket part caused the issue then they dont have to fix it under warranty.

That would be exactly what I did.
Old 07-01-2007, 11:20 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

SC will probably void all the engine parts
lowering springs will void shocks and struts probably
4.10s can void the differential and possibly the entire rear end.
hurst, in a stretch, could void the transmission

Its all up to the dealer...and they will do what they want

Quick Reply: a warning about warranty