Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

New Toys ;)

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2006, 01:51 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: New Toys ;)

ORIGINAL: GGIII

Can you take measurements of the calipers vs stock? I have VERY limited space between my wheel and calipers and would have to put even larger spacers on...
They actually emailed me a template for it that you can use, um if you email me at blasi.matthew@gmail.com I will send them to you OK, it is 2 PDF files one for front and one for back. the kits for the car have a 4 piston rear and a 6 piston front systems, I figure they should work good for my car I mean they are the same dam brakes used on the Ford FR500GT Spec Race car and we have had them on several other cars. AP makes great systems IMHO they are some of the best on the market.

Well I will keep everyone posted man I cant wait for xmas.......
Old 11-16-2006, 01:56 AM
doodad
5th Gear Member

damn! they are like 2 grand.. i would prefer to get S/C to my car.
Old 11-16-2006, 09:10 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: doodad

damn! they are like 2 grand.. i would prefer to get S/C to my car.
+1, I went and bought the gt500 brembos for 340$ on ebay, 220$ for the rotors and 100$ for the braided lines = 660 total cost of my big brake system

Att. Andrew
Old 11-16-2006, 09:49 AM
zcat
2nd Gear Member

Something to keep in mind. Your small "donut" spare tire will not work when you upgrade to a big brake system. Like the above post, I was sent some templates to insure the clearances before I ordered my kit. You will not be disappointed in those bad boys. The guy that bought the stuff off Ebay sounds like he got a great deal as my system was several thousand too.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:27 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zcat

Something to keep in mind. Your small "donut" spare tire will not work when you upgrade to a big brake system. Like the above post, I was sent some templates to insure the clearances before I ordered my kit. You will not be disappointed in those bad boys. The guy that bought the stuff off Ebay sounds like he got a great deal as my system was several thousand too.
Yea um what spare ? ? ?

We took it out because even if it were in the car it would be impossible to get to it

The GT500 brakes seem like a great deal, I do remember seeing those for quite a bit more too and there are a few differences in the systems. The fronts for the GT500 are 14" 4 Piston system and the AP is a 14.25" 6 Piston system , also the back GT500 is 11.8" with (I think a 2 Piston may be 4) where the AP Racing is a 13" 4 Piston system, I was trying to go as big as possible for the wheels and the AP was more extreme. Still and awesome deal. Problem is even if I had seen them I probably would not have ordered them, I had a bad experience with ebay and really just cannot bring myself to trust it.
Old 11-16-2006, 11:55 AM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

Haha, You mean deals ^^:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...8498243&rd=1,1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...3211567&rd=1,1

They are what the gt500 uses, the gt500 has those infront and the stock ones in the rear. Dont really need bigger breaks in the rear just the front.

Att. Andrew
Old 11-16-2006, 12:06 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Are those TV's in your trunk?
ORIGINAL: mattblasi

Yea um what spare ? ? ?

We took it out because even if it were in the car it would be impossible to get to it

The GT500 brakes seem like a great deal, I do remember seeing those for quite a bit more too and there are a few differences in the systems. The fronts for the GT500 are 14" 4 Piston system and the AP is a 14.25" 6 Piston system , also the back GT500 is 11.8" with (I think a 2 Piston may be 4) where the AP Racing is a 13" 4 Piston system, I was trying to go as big as possible for the wheels and the AP was more extreme. Still and awesome deal. Problem is even if I had seen them I probably would not have ordered them, I had a bad experience with ebay and really just cannot bring myself to trust it.
Old 11-16-2006, 02:52 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Yea, right now they are only hooked to the DVD player in the dash but I am getting a Mac Mini that I will be hooking them to, I am also puting a set of components in the trunk so that when you watch them from outside the base dose not drown out the sound. (its a show thin ;D)