Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Kooks or Dynatech Headers in Tampa Fla $ $

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2006, 03:11 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

Default Kooks or Dynatech Headers in Tampa Fla $ $

Alright, where is the whip hitting the dead horse. graphic My questions are not just of who is better becasue it is all opinion. My question simply is where, how much etc
I am in the process of preparing my vehicle for the S/C upgrade so I am going to buy some long tubes with CATS (have to, dont like the chance of a FHP getting me without them) I see Kooks are $1,400 to $1,500 with catted x pipe etc, I already have FRRP Borla stingers axle back, I also see where a local shop in my area ( a race shop) has dynatech system with cats etc for $1,495 with a discount of 10% off of that ( basically 3% saving after local taxes)
what does everyone reccommend and how much should I expect someone to quote me to install. I am currently awaiting a response from the aforementioned local shop, but just want some reference points so when the quote comes back.
and will there be any difference between the 2? Dynatech and Kooks
any clearance issues?
I see some of our sponsors are about 90-110 miles from me and if they want to chime in or PM a good price for the whole enchilada and it may be worth me driving across state to have done...
Please advise
Old 11-19-2006, 03:41 PM
Bayouboy4.6
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Kooks or Dynatech Headers in Tampa Fla $ $

check this deal out. By the way how do you like those 3.73 gears?http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...er-system.html
Old 11-19-2006, 03:44 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

I have the Dynatechs on my car. I have installed both those and the Kooks on others cars. They are both the "cream of the crop". I would purchase whichever one is more convenient/inexpensive for you to get.
Old 11-19-2006, 03:49 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

love the gears....really my assometer tells me so..nice for my auto tranny....thx for the link
ORIGINAL: Bayouboy4.6

check this deal out. By the way how do you like those 3.73 gears?http://www.lethalperformance.com/pag...er-system.html
Old 11-19-2006, 03:51 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

that is a sweet price 4 sure...$200 cheaper...
ORIGINAL: Bayouboy4.6

Old 11-19-2006, 04:17 PM
Bayouboy4.6
1st Gear Member

Lethal Performance, is in Boca Raton, FL and that is only about 80- 90 miles from Tampa so shipping should be pretty cheap.
Old 11-19-2006, 09:28 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I went with the American Racing Headers System. In my view its better then both of the above mentioned systems. I ordered mine from Lethal as well.
I'm hoping they arrive today.

As far as install (I'm in tampa).. I will tell you that I'm having a local shop install mine for $200. I don't know if they would give you that price, as I was able to get it thru talking with someone who works there, who then put me in contact with the shop owner. (They do tons of work on the mod motors).

I'll let you know how my install goes...
Old 11-19-2006, 09:35 PM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

please do let me know...I am going to check out revextreme in tampa...
ORIGINAL: vsop

I went with the American Racing Headers System. In my view its better then both of the above mentioned systems. I ordered mine from Lethal as well.

As far as install (I'm in tampa).. I will tell you that I'm having a local shop install mine for $200. I don't know if they would give you that price, as I was able to get it thru talking with someone who works there, who then put me in contact with the shop owner. (They do tons of work on the mod motors).

Old 11-20-2006, 01:23 AM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Yeah, you better keep in touch with vsop if you're having someone else do your install. $200 is way cheap for this install. Figure the average labor is what in the states now...$75 per hour? This is a 4-6 hour job for someone that can do it rather quickly. Vsop, hope you don't get what you pay for and these guys take good care of you!!!
Old 11-20-2006, 01:25 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: scramblr

ORIGINAL: cheftjpeck

Yeah, you better keep in touch with vsop if you're having someone else do your install. $200 is way cheap for this install. Figure the average labor is what in the states now...$75 per hour? This is a 4-6 hour job for someone that can do it rather quickly. Vsop, hope you don't get what you pay for and these guys take good care of you!!!
I'm sure they will, one of the HUGE mustang clubs in the area use them, not to mention they built plenty of race cars and even were at the track this past sunday with one of the cars. When I talked with them, I went over my plans for the car. Like I told them I'm looking for a shop that I can build a relationship with. In about 8 months I want to have the heads done and cams installed. Plus new clutch..

And yes $200 is really cheap the other price I got from another shop was $400-$450

Quick Reply: Kooks or Dynatech Headers in Tampa Fla $ $