Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

How to?

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2006, 01:49 PM
ktownstang06

Default How to?

I have an SCT Xcalibrator2 with three of the custom tunes from from doug.. i got three new ones emailed to me, how do i put them on my tuner?
Old 11-25-2006, 07:28 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default RE: How to?

I am going by memory but.

You need the drivers on your computer first before your start with the other software. SCTFlash.com, support at the top, downloads/drivers. It was the first driver under the drivers section at the bottom before, just read it and choose for your computer. After you load the drivers your computer will see the SCT when you attach it later on. Now go on to the tune steps below.

#1 you need the software from SCT to be able to load your tunes from your email. Its free.

Select which software you need in the same drivers/download section. (If you have Xcal2 most require #1 9400 3.1.31 Live link data logging system. (You can always call SCT to confirm) You don't need to update with the other software below because you have the newest already, plus those are for older systems to update. Xcal2 is newer.

After you download software (highspeed should only take a minute or two) This will place the Sct liveload icon on your desktop.

Plug up your SCT via usb to your computer, it should come on just like when you plug into your car.

Click on the new icon that loaded on your screen from before (blue/yellow)

It should open up the Liveload v1.16 or something screen. You are now ready to program your programmer.

#1 Press browse to search your computer for your emailed tunes. VERY IMPORTANT, THE FILES MUST BE IN ll3 FORMAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Once you find your files, select the position you want to replace. IE: if you are replacing tune#1 check that box, etc etc.
You can rename the tunes now to what you want in the box beside it. IE: "baby tune, Monster tune, race tune" what ever.

Press #3 add tunes. Once it loads you should see it download and replace in your tuner. Click finish or exit at the bottom and you should be ready to tune your car like normal.

Save the liveload icon in a safe place if others use your computer. If not just leave it on the desk top or put it in a folder. All my stuff like that is in a Mustang folder. You will not be able to open that link in the future unless your SCT is hooked up to your computer.

Thats it.

I am going by memory here so you can always check to confirm these steps.

Good luck.