Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Do you rev your Stang over 5000rpm daily?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2006, 05:50 PM
TElke1
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Do you rev your Stang over 5000rpm daily?

ORIGINAL: bchataroo

Do you rev your Stang over 5000rpm's daily?

Strange Survey......[sm=why.gif]
Old 12-05-2006, 06:28 PM
androdz
I ♥ Acer

This engines are made to be rev'd up in gear, helps clear out crap. Helps to wind up to the end every now and then, seen as this is fit I do it prob every hour or less haha.

Att. Andrew
Old 12-06-2006, 02:35 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

so are you talking about reving??? or going throw the gears while the car is moving??
Old 12-06-2006, 03:44 AM
Racefiend
2nd Gear Member

Every time I get on the freeway, so yes daily for me too. I don't do it in town, as it seems any time I try and mess around (seldom), there's a cop sitting there waiting for me.
Old 12-06-2006, 02:53 PM
doodad
5th Gear Member

when i drive daily i normall shift around 2-2.5k rpm but sometimes i need to pass some people or need to speed up fast, i gun it and shift at 6k rpm..

so HELL YEAH i rev up to 5k rpm.. that is where the fun is!!!
Old 12-06-2006, 10:32 PM
Drivesthebeast
2nd Gear Member

I usually shift at 3000 rpm per gear, and only use around 1/4-1/2 throttle in town. That's to not attract unwanted attention (think I'm the only black GT where I live), and also I have that old misconception in my head still that V8's don't like to be revved up, whereas my Focus did...lol!

I don't mind doggin the car around, as it's nice to have such EFFORTLESS thrust in this car, compared to my Focus which I had to rev up to get it to go most of the time. I had thought of getting a few things like the C&L CAI and tune, but I don't want to have to run higher octane all the time in the car. When I do let the car buck, I find that even with the TCS on, the tires will spin on the pavement if it's not dry and bare...and it will spin them at the top of 2nd gear stock with the TCS...that's pretty cool (I haven't even driven the car with the TCS off yet, as the weather conditions aren't ideal for that)...

Yes, I know, my resistance will prove futile....lol
Old 12-08-2006, 01:46 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

my car lovesgoing to 6k.
Old 12-08-2006, 01:56 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

YES.

every time i drive it.
+1 but make that 6000+ rpm
Old 12-08-2006, 07:47 AM
joshetc
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: bchataroo

Yeah, I was talking about going through the gears.

The other day at work, I was talking to someone at work about cars. He said something about " Who would rev their motor above 4000 rpm's daily anyway" I kinda laughed and said " Me". Then when I was driving into work yesterday morning, I started wondering if I was the only one that likes to jump on it when I have a good road. So I posed this poll.
You def arent the only one. Though I think the results might be a bit skewed coming from an enthusiast forum. Myself.. I go over 5k RPM every chance I get.. usually slightly higher.
Old 12-08-2006, 10:30 AM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Drivesthebeast

I usually shift at 3000 rpm per gear, and only use around 1/4-1/2 throttle in town. That's to not attract unwanted attention (think I'm the only black GT where I live), and also I have that old misconception in my head still that V8's don't like to be revved up, whereas my Focus did...lol!

I don't mind doggin the car around, as it's nice to have such EFFORTLESS thrust in this car, compared to my Focus which I had to rev up to get it to go most of the time. I had thought of getting a few things like the C&L CAI and tune, but I don't want to have to run higher octane all the time in the car. When I do let the car buck, I find that even with the TCS on, the tires will spin on the pavement if it's not dry and bare...and it will spin them at the top of 2nd gear stock with the TCS...that's pretty cool (I haven't even driven the car with the TCS off yet, as the weather conditions aren't ideal for that)...

Yes, I know, my resistance will prove futile....lol
Bro, get the CAI/tuner anyways. You can use an 87 octane tune and keep saving money on gas. While your gains won't be as significant as using 91 or 93, you can still definitely feel more kick and better throttle response.

Quick Reply: Do you rev your Stang over 5000rpm daily?