Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Who would ever think it, a course unless your a mechanic

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2006, 04:42 PM
CrazyAl
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Who would ever think it, a course unless your a mechanic

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

Any idea where to get and how to install a PCV filter?

Go have a look on m o d u l a r f o r d s, there's several threads about PCV catch cans, including photos and such.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:52 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

To me it sounds like the MAF sensor was dirty and they cleaned it which improved the readings and fixed the idle. Makes sense based on the large deposits of residue on the TB...At least the fuel system got a clean up as well.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:57 PM
RemainVayne
1st Gear Member

So every time i start to slow down, such as coming to a stop, I push the clutch in and my car almost dies and then starts to idle surge. I have a digital tach and the light goes off indicatint a near stalling. It also shows that my rpms literally drop to about 40...

SHould I try cleaning my throttle body before taking it in to Ford to have it checked out? Or could this be an issue with my tune?

By the way, I also have a JLT CAI with a Bama tune.
Old 12-08-2006, 05:58 PM
RemainVayne
1st Gear Member

ok, ummmmmmmmmm don't know why the name of my tune got bleeped out.

I have a B A M A C H I P S tune.
Old 12-08-2006, 06:35 PM
1FordFan

It sounds like they may have just cleared the code and sold you a fuel system package. It is normal for some deposits to be in the throttle body behind the throttle blades. I have also seen a light coating of oil in the throttle body due to the PCV system. Did you retune the car at the same time?

Also Ford Motor Company does not recommend flushing the fuel injectors as per the 2005 PCED manual "The injector is the deposit resistant injection (DRI) type and does not have to be cleaned. However, it can be flow checked and, if found outside of specification, the fuel injector should be replaced."

Most of the time people pay for a fuel injector flush the tech just pours it in the fuel tank. Also be careful not to over oil the air filter as this will contaminate the MAF sensor.

Old 12-08-2006, 06:59 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Listen mustang fans my car was idling rough and triggering that damn P0506 code to come up. Now after the 3 step process Ford did to my fuel system it runs like a rocket. Before it ran great but not this good. Also after talking to Brent about my code it was discussed to increase the rpm' with the SCT Tuner but it was raised anyway with that tune. It's just it couldn't do it for all that whatever carbon or dirt or whatever that was hampering the idling. Now when I start the car it revs hard to about 1500 rpm and then after a steady 850 to 900 rpm. It couldn't do that before. I have cleaned my C/L filter twice since I have owned it. I also oiled it. I do work at a dirty place and as Ghost knows Charleston, South Carolina is a seaport city so we have tractor trailers everywhere we look kicking dirt and crap in our faces, including rocks that black paint absolutely detests. If any of you out there are getting this code P0506 tried cleaning your throttle body or going to a shop maybe not Ford since they will charge the most and get it clean. Hell after the mechanic whipped the throttle body clean the idling was apparent that it had changed.

Can somebody tell me where I can buy an extra air filter cone for my C/L? I haven't seen it on their website. Is their one superior to that one? Any help I would appreciate it. And again my Dealer recommends all cars to be cleaned every 30,000 miles. The guy that did the test on mine has a mustang too. He said that the cone filters do get dirty faster than a regular air filter and that's the trade off you get for gaining extra power. More maintenance.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:07 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Dude I did get the code from my tuner. I got the definition off the computer.
ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge

Good incentive to keep the filter washed and oiled every 3 months. Just do it with every oil change. That really sucks that this occurred 7k miles after your warranty expired.

Couldn't you have used your tuner to find the trouble code? Also, how hard is it to pull the TB to hose it down with some carb cleaner and wipe it down?
Old 12-08-2006, 07:16 PM
scramblr
3rd Gear Member

I hear you Man. No sweat...we're just not buying the BS the stealership was giving you about carbon build up. Bottom line is you have you car running like it should. That's what matters.
Old 12-08-2006, 07:18 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

Thanks! I'm just trying to help those others with my problem and maybe save them some money. I have the extended warranty and I still had to pay for the test because it wasn't cover in the warranty. Oh **** this might get some people yelling now.
ORIGINAL: scramblr

I hear you Man. No sweat...we're just not buying the BS the stealership was giving you about carbon build up. Bottom line is you have you car running like it should. That's what matters.
Old 12-08-2006, 08:34 PM
slow07
2nd Gear Member

I have seen this happen a couple of times before. In fact, it happened to a Bronco that I had years ago. It didn't thow any codes, but it didn't have as sophisticated of a computer either.

Quick Reply: Who would ever think it, a course unless your a mechanic