Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Switching to a STANG....Questions???

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 03:51 PM
cuzzinz

Default Switching to a STANG....Questions???

So I got into an accident in June in my 97' f150 XLT 4.6l. I loved my truck but i was working out of my car and i needed to be practical......BIG MISTAKE. I bought a 2006 VW GLI 2.0T. Now dont get me wrong it is a great car but now i work out of an office and i dont need to be practical. I now wanna switch to a 07 GT. I could do a lot to make my GLI fast but then again i can sell it and buy a 07GT and start off fast LOL. So now i have a few questions for you guys/gals.

1. Is there a markup on GTs anymore?
2. What kind of prices for packages have you all been getting. (Any car sales guys here willing to give me a deal on an 07... )
3. Does anyone have pictures (personal) of the black on red interior.
4. Tell how much you love your car...LOL
6. I know there is a search feature but hey i thought if i kept this thread open i could just keep bumping it if i had any questions. ALL IN ONE THREAD

All your replies are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Cousin

P.S. I also want one because i sell professional Integrated Editing Systems to movie studios and it nice to have a little flash.
Old 12-10-2006, 04:04 PM
swata
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Switching to a STANG....Questions???

I'll give this a shot..

1 - You can still get an new 06 below invoice

2 - Fully loaded is the only way to go

3 - not me

4- I would trade my left *** if I had to do it over again..hell yea...

Welcome to the forum

My first question is were do you live. Second, what color are you seeking ??
Old 12-10-2006, 04:15 PM
cuzzinz

Premium black, spoiler delete. Interior upgrade package, Premier trim w/ color accent package red/black interior (if possible comfort group) , I dont mind the 17s but if i can get a good deal on one with 18s it might be possible. I live in SoCAL Burbank, CA

I owe about 13.5k on my GLI and KBB says its worth about 23k so i will probably have to privately sell it because i dont think i am going to get what i want from a dealer...
Old 12-10-2006, 05:02 PM
cuzzinz

BUMP....forums seem slow this morning.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:03 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

I have the black with red int. LOVE IT!. l see alot of black gts; but none w/ the red. Every time some body sees my car. they go "do you have red leather??? thats great" or "wow; that red leather could not of come from the factory"

You have to have polised or chrome wheels w/ the black car to help it stand out. I orderd my 18's polished from the factory; but you could go aftermarket. LOL; i had a guy look at me in a GTI on the highway; i laoughed at him....(as i was pulling away)

do not pay over sticker. You should be able to get a deal now that the hype went from the gts to the gt500s.
Old 12-10-2006, 05:20 PM
cuzzinz

yeah....hey dont bash the GTIs lol i have seen some pretty ballsy GTIs 400WHP but again i dont want to drop a ton of money to make a car FAST...i want it from the get go.
Old 12-10-2006, 06:15 PM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

Go with the pure american muscle ...... i love mine i wouldnt trade it for anything .......

Ok maybe id trade it for a GT500 but thats it! i have white with parchment interior but over the weekend i did see a silver one with red interior it looked sick !!! i loved it

If you get a good deal on the car dont worry so much about the rims because you can get aftermarket rims for a pretty good deal and theres some good knock offs ... and good idea with spoiler delete i wish i had done that
Old 12-10-2006, 06:56 PM
cuzzinz

lol now are there any guys on here that are between 21 and 23? I pay about 270 a month for my insurance...i am wondering how much it will go up...what do you guys think?
Old 12-10-2006, 07:37 PM
Haze28
3rd Gear Member

270 a month???? Ouch! I would die if I had to pay that much. If it's that high on a VW I would check with your insurance agent before even going to the dealership. Your insurance might end up higher than your car note. If you can afford it though, you will be extremely happy if you end up getting the stang.
Old 12-10-2006, 08:36 PM
cuzzinz

well i hope it isnt too high...i am willing to pay 750 a month for my insurance and car payment.

Quick Reply: Switching to a STANG....Questions???