Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Changing From Automatic to Standard

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
LegallyTorchRED
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Changing From Automatic to Standard

As long as you are happy with your car, screw what others think or say. But, I will add this, I've had total strangers admire my car, and tell me, "That's a REAL MUSTANG, itsa stick".... "ya did the right thing"
An auto, was never even a consideration when I ordered.
I've offered to let some close friends drive it, knowing they would say "NO, I can't drive a standard"
Old 12-13-2006, 02:55 PM
FuriousGeorge
2nd Gear Member

There are times when I've wished I had an auto. Sometimes my girlfriend and I will go to friends who want me to drive my car out so they can see it, but that pretty much means I can't have more than a couple beers because she (who doesn't drink) cannot drive a stick. AT's are also nice to have out here in Tucson because of the constant bs traffic resulting from not having a freeway system.

I still wouldn't trade my manual in though
Old 12-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Skunkworks
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: FuriousGeorge
AT's are also nice to have out here in Tucson because of the constant bs traffic resulting from not having a freeway system.
EVERY DAMN DAY. Takes me 35 mins to go 3.5 miles on SPEEDWAY.

Sorry had to QQ
Old 12-13-2006, 06:49 PM
rex7010
3rd Gear Member

I see these posts ALL the time.. you bought the auto trans because I take it you wanted the auto trans... right...???

I have a auto trans in mine and wouldn't trade it for a 5 speed.. because that is WHAT I WANTED.. who cares what your buds have to say..

THINK ABOUT IT... it is your car right...?? are you happy with it..?? I am mine...

JDM is using auto trannys in their cars with a Saleen S/C and putting down some serious numbers in the 1/4 mile.. and I do mean serious numbers.

what to go fast in the 1/4 mile..?? give them a call.. won't cost you 15K either...

bottom line.. who cares what other people think about YOUR CAR.. it is yours ... enjoy it.. or make other people happy and trade it in... that doesn't make much since to make OTHER PEOPLE happy about your car does it...?????

I for one enjoy my auto trans.. so I am going to keep it...

R
Old 12-13-2006, 11:29 PM
Redstalliongt

Silverpoison:
I have a 3 speed + overdrive AOD transmission witha Ratchet shifter. It has a transbrake. I really love it. For those that don't know about this transmissions, it is a automatic with a manual body, No clutch but you still shift the car. I Really love it. It has a 3800 RPM stall custom converter on it.

Nice! Where in the world did you find that? got a reference? website maybe?