Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone have an offroad x-pipe?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 02:22 AM
Bayouboy4.6
1st Gear Member

Default Anyone have an offroad x-pipe?

what mufflers sound good on an offroad x-pipe. i want it loud but i dont want it to resonate bad. i have an offroad x-pipe and flowmasters single chambers and it resonates bad at about 2700-3000 rpms im taking bad. the single chambers sounded good before i got the o/r x-pipe now i will shift the car at 2500 rpm just so i dont hear it resonate. I need some advise on some axel back mufflers to put on to replace the flows. i was thinking pypes violator or bassani race, something that doesnt do all that crackling and popping crap. gotta do something soon!!! thanks[&:][&:]
Old 12-17-2006, 03:12 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone have an offroad x-pipe?

I have zoomers.. They have no drone and are very deep but mild at normal driving and scream when you get on it.
I have the American acing Headers LT's with O/R X-pipe and I love the sound of the zoomers.

The only thing about zoomers are that they are pricey.. More so then borla...
Old 12-17-2006, 11:45 AM
therobman7
1st Gear Member

have you tried the O/R x with the stock mufflers? that may be more quiet
Old 12-17-2006, 12:21 PM
Bayouboy4.6
1st Gear Member

its not that it is to loud it just sounds like crap at certain rpms. see i think the reason it resonates is because the flowmaster does not have any fiberglass packing to filter out the frequency. Anyone agree or disagree?

ill try to get some sound clips up today.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:35 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

are our stock muffler really restrictive? I just ordered my off road x pipe and was going to use our stock mufflers. I see quality axle back mufflers going for 350+ how much hp will I gain over stock. if its only like 5whp, I think Id rather spend the money on a drag suspension kit.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:20 PM
bl1nk
5th Gear Member

Get LMs Straight pipes = the win. Ive also heard the Pypes Violators sound pretty nice.

@Probinator Axle backs on our cars dont give any hp, theyre only for sound. The midpipe and headers give a decent amount though.
Old 12-17-2006, 03:30 PM
DROCKOFTX
2nd Gear Member

I have SLP OR x-pipe with the stock muffler's. I suggest not doing it. It sounds very raspy and crackley. I am hunting around but I can't find any sound clips with and aftermarket x-pipe and muffler system. As soon as I'm sure I'm not just wasting my money I have got to get rid of the stock cans.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:17 PM
Bayouboy4.6
1st Gear Member

mine also sounds crackley. i want something with a deep rumble. make it sound like a bigger v8.
im trying to post a sound clip but it is taking a while.
Old 12-17-2006, 04:27 PM
PROMETHEUS PRIME
5th Gear Member

I was running an off road-x with stock mufflers and I actually liked the way it sounded. Really crisp. I switch the stock cans out for some flows and then the raspinest started. I then got pulled over, luckily the cop was a fellow stanger and said I needed to run cats cause the smell gave it away, and let me go. Since then I added to high flow cats and it sounds great. Better then ever. I had a sound clip but it didnt come out right.
Old 12-17-2006, 05:43 PM
offrdmania
3rd Gear Member

This page helped me decide which axleback to go with. http://www.brenspeed.com/info/soundfiles.html

Quick Reply: Anyone have an offroad x-pipe?