Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Funny story

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2006, 10:03 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

Default Funny story

Hey guys, I was chattin with my boy Mattblasi about a story from Friday and I thought you guys might get a kick out of it so I cut and pasted some of the text from our convo about it. Most of the guys know of me from here so thats why it in this section.

Heres the cut n paste below.

Funny story Friday. So I'm talking to the boss at this new job site and were just shootin the breeze and all. We get on trucks a little because his pickup just came out the shop and mine is going in next weekend. I say to him, " yeah its gonna be nice this weekend so I guess I will get to drive my car again a bit. He asks what I got ya know, so I say, I gotta a modded Mustang and all but I don't drive it in the rain or snow and only when I got free time. Most times I'm in the SUV with the Kids or pickup working. Hes like, yeah, I'm the same way. (me) you gotta sports car too? (him) yeah, I don't drive mine much either. (me) what you got a Vet ? (him) nahhhh, I don't like Vet's to much, I never did. (me) what you got then? (him) A FERRARI!

So we talk for about an hour about cars and how his wife doesn't understand his car etc. I talk about my wife and how she does not get it either. He invites me to come over to check it out. (he lives 2 miles from the job site) ummm, yeah I want to see it!! I check it out and it is soooo sweet. I got some cell phone short vids but I cant post them to my computer unless I buy this stupid software for $30 bucks. I'm not trying to buy it because I am due for a new phone (falling apart) and I'm not sure which one I'm getting and if the software will work with it. Anyway, I will keep the vids in my phone until I can post them.

A 355 Vert Spyder, Burgandy with blk top. I thought I was proud to say I got a modded Stang ha ha.

Looks just like this one except this one is red.
Old 12-18-2006, 01:39 AM
Grabbn 07
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Funny story

HEY WALKER!, you should still be proud to say yuou got a modded stang, id take your pimp'n ride over that IMPORT anyday!
Old 12-18-2006, 09:08 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

ha ha. Yeah Max it sure sounded sweet. Cant wait to go for a ride in it soon! I got a kick out of it.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:45 PM
acascianelli
5th Gear Member

0-60 in under 5s, 1/4mile in under 13s. 380hp, but only 268lbft. I wonder if you're Mustang could take his 355 from a launch. If you could you wouldn't keep that lead for very long, the 355 is some 400+lbs lighter, and is much more aerodynamic. Import or not I'd rather have a 10 or even some 20 year old Ferrari's over my brand new Mustang GT.
Old 12-19-2006, 04:54 PM
wingman75
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: acascianelli
I'd rather have a 10 or even some 20 year old Ferrari's over my brand new Mustang GT.
Traitor!!!
Old 12-19-2006, 10:06 PM
flewbyu
4th Gear Member

0-60 in under 5s, 1/4mile in under 13s. 380hp, but only 268lbft. I wonder if you're Mustang could take his 355 from a launch. If you could you wouldn't keep that lead for very long, the 355 is some 400+lbs lighter, and is much more aerodynamic. Import or not I'd rather have a 10 or even some 20 year old Ferrari's over my brand new Mustang GT.
Ha ha! To be honest here, I love my Mustang and always have loved Mustangs but I have never dreamed about owning one when I didnt have one. I just knew I would get one again when I was ready. Without a doubt I dream about owning an exotic. I love my car thats true, but I dream about having a Lambo, Ferrari, Bugotti, McClaren etc. IF were being honest here lets be honest lol!

FYI- We do plan on seeing what they do against each other. (Mine VS his) I have a few things in my favor.

#1 I know my car VERY WEll, I know its limits and strong points.
#2 I will bet he will not push his car as much as I will mine
#3 The price tag will always be over his head no matter what we do.
#4 In 3 years he has only put 3,500 miles on it and I have 15k in 10 months. He may still in his heart feel like he doesnt know his car.

We have TONS of constructions sites closed to the public that we are working on with 1/4 miles or more of straight aways. I am working him every day and pushing his ego button.

We both are curious. I know if he goes flat out he will murder me but I'm thinking he wont go all out and I may get him before he backs off...

Time will tellllllllllllllll.