Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Stangers with the Chin Spoilers

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 12:33 AM
stangdude81
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Stangers with the Chin Spoilers

I emailed CDC asking if they had any discounts or other promotions going on and they said no, but recommended partshopper.com,
http://www.partshopper.com/shop/2005...iler-m142.html
Which sells it for $225 to your door, or haney motorsports,
http://www.haneymotorsport.com/2005-...iler%20CDC.htm
who marks it up a little bit, to $236 to your door, but is still cheaper than ordering it direct. I guess they don't care where you get it, they get paid either way
Old 12-20-2006, 01:32 AM
turbostang21
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AMEmilie

ORIGINAL: Riven02

I dont think U will find free shipping on the chin spoiler. I think total from lethal was a little over 300. 50 shipping is what it was and ?275? (I think)is what theywanted for theclassic chin spoiler.
Not true! We offer free shipping on all of our products! Including chin spoilers

~Emilie
very nice...too bad this will have to wait beyond xmas as i already finished shopping for my gf
Old 12-20-2006, 02:08 AM
WhiteStallion06
4th Gear Member

I have the cdc classic and i know that the aggressive sits a little lower but not much at all .... it pretty much just sticks out more ... the only diff is you have to cut the front to put the aggressive on .... but i do like the look a lot .... im not lowered but i have cervini side exhaust and that has only a few inches of ground clearence and the only problem ive had is with steep enterances that when you get to the top cut back down if you know what i mean ... i know thats kinda confusing but the ones that go up then level off really quickly ... but i know a lot of driveways around here are steep but they are more rounded off kinda like going up a hill almost that you will have no problem with .... if you do have problems you could prob use some wood to make some kind of a ramp

My buddy has a lowered truck and cant get up anywhere and his driveway is like that so he made a rap with two ... two by fours and it works great just isnt the best looking thing cosmetically for his driveway ..... but i love chin spoilers they change the whole apperance of the front of the car
Old 12-20-2006, 03:44 AM
blaven
3rd Gear Member

Does anyone sell these prepainted at all? Just curious of the price if they do.
Old 12-20-2006, 08:53 AM
GiMiX
2nd Gear Member

thx for the input.... btw i have to CUT the front to put the aggressive on???? !! :-o what do u mean cut the front??!!
Old 12-20-2006, 12:25 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

yeahyou have to cut the front bumper to install the aggressive, i dident want to cut my bumper so i went with the classic
Old 12-20-2006, 01:32 PM
PDXStangDude
1st Gear Member

IIRC

Classic= 3"
Aggressive=5.5"

Old 12-20-2006, 08:29 PM
s2k
5th Gear Member

Ijust got myCDC Classic from AM, I can't wait to paint and install it!
Old 02-27-2007, 09:26 AM
I8ACHEVY
2nd Gear Member

I'm running into this issue now of which spoiler to get, if any. I like the aggressive look, but I like the simplicity of the classic. Also, I see in a previous pose where it says IIRC classic 3" and aggressive 5.5" What does this exactly mean?
Anyone know what the stock front bumper ground clearance is, what it is with the classic spoiler and then what it is with the aggressive?
I have a steep driveway as well, with no plans to lower the suspspension, so I'm trying to prepare as much as possible before making a purchase.

Thanks in advance!
Old 02-27-2007, 06:57 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

anybody put the chin spoiler on without painting? i like that look, any pics?

Quick Reply: Stangers with the Chin Spoilers