Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Anyone buy their GT below invoice?

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2006, 11:28 PM
luckydawg003
4th Gear Member

Default Anyone buy their GT below invoice?

Just wondering if anyone has bought a GT below invoice..Im arguing with 3 dealers trying to get them to order me a GT below invoice price? Hoping someone else has had luck with lowering their price, and if so HOW? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Old 12-20-2006, 11:52 PM
steamfish
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Anyone buy their GT below invoice?

I shopped for quite a bit. Some dealers were good, some I just laughed at. I did find one dealer in Richmond Virgina who was selling an 07 vert at $172 below invoice but it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I ended up ordering one from them. Paid about $600 over for that deal, but they were better than anyone else so I'm okay with the deal.

How did I get $172 below invoice? Well, I wasn't rabid to buy the car since it wasn't exactly what I wanted so I showed some disinterest and poo-pooed their first offer. I may have even blown off their second offer too, don't remember. But that final offer... it really made me think, but I walked out anyway, mainly because I had several other dealers to see. I ended up coming back to them after they gave me a good price on ordering one and I did most of that negotiating via email.

Bottom line - I hope you have plenty of dealers in your area. Hit'em all and don't fall in love with one particular car, and if you do... don't let the salesman know it.

Good luck dood.
Old 12-20-2006, 11:58 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

I had a good connection and paid Dealer Invoice.

Richard
Old 12-21-2006, 12:15 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

I went thru X plan, which was about $80 below invoice then had a 500 cash back and since the dealers here in MD charge about $280 document fee, but can't do so with the X plan in the end I was about $800 off the invoice
Old 12-21-2006, 12:45 AM
chirostang
2nd Gear Member

I paid invoice. I walked into my two local Ford dealers and the first number they both threw at me was invoice. I appreciated that they didn't attemmpt to dick me around.
Old 12-21-2006, 01:13 AM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

I paid $1500 below invoice... basically all I did was put dealers against each other. I got the quote from one and went to the other and asked if he could beat or match that. By the end I saved 1500. BUT it was right before the 07's came out and they wanted to get rid of the 06's so that probably played into it [&:]
Old 12-21-2006, 01:47 AM
legendlime
2nd Gear Member

No, we paid the exact amount of the window sticker, after all taxes, fees, etc. were added to our price.
CB
Old 12-21-2006, 02:43 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

I paid about 6k below invoice. SA Auto Auction FTW!!! :-)

~Fred
Old 12-21-2006, 05:01 AM
ratnacage
3rd Gear Member

It would be hard for a dealer to justify ordering a GT below invoice (unless it's x-plan). You'll have much better luck getting below invoice on a car that's already on the lot.
Old 12-21-2006, 08:54 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

I paid $1500 below invoice... basically all I did was put dealers against each other. I got the quote from one and went to the other and asked if he could beat or match that. By the end I saved 1500. BUT it was right before the 07's came out and they wanted to get rid of the 06's so that probably played into it [&:]
That was exactly my technique...one against each other. I made an appointment with one that had one I did not really wanted, and walked into the dealer that had the one I really wanted. I had an email with offer from dealer #1 and showed it to dealer #2. I told them, beat it and I'll sign the paperwork right now..they did ($500 under invoice) and...well....see the signature. I got what I wanted. Now, lets be clear...dealers will make money one way or another...it's how much they are going to make that I negotiate with them...

Quick Reply: Anyone buy their GT below invoice?