Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

$8,000 to spend - Help me spend it!

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2006, 04:06 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

Default RE: $8,000 to spend - Help me spend it!

you've done your homework, now go get this
bad boy

[IMG]local://upfiles/37808/BB38FC874C784A22A9A17D903274664A.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-25-2006, 04:18 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Since you asked my opinion........

I would do a CAI and tune, some other boltons. And strongly consider banking the 7g you have left.

The reason: Unless you are really keeping tis car for a long time, and not planning to get something new within a few years, you are lucky if you recover 20% of that money when you sell the car. That is providing you find someone who appreciates the work you have done.

I thought about the supercharger. But considering the large number or new, hot cars coming out soon. I dont want to have to worry about getting soaked onthe old car if I want to get something new.

If it were a 1960's something car that they did not make new, and I knew I was keeping forever,the money would not be a question. But given that they still make the car, and still areimproving it, I am stalled.

thats a very interesting take; something to consider. i never really thought of it that way.
BUT, if he's really in love with the car, and plans to keep it for a while, this may well be the right way.

check out d'agostino (sp?) racing.
Old 12-25-2006, 04:19 PM
RED121572
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: classj

Since you asked my opinion........

I would do a CAI and tune, some other boltons. And strongly consider banking the 7g you have left.

The reason: Unless you are really keeping tis car for a long time, and not planning to get something new within a few years, you are lucky if you recover 20% of that money when you sell the car. That is providing you find someone who appreciates the work you have done.

I thought about the supercharger. But considering the large number or new, hot cars coming out soon. I dont want to have to worry about getting soaked onthe old car if I want to get something new.

If it were a 1960's something car that they did not make new, and I knew I was keeping forever,the money would not be a question. But given that they still make the car, and still areimproving it, I am stalled.
I like how this guys mind works. lol
Old 12-25-2006, 04:29 PM
daydark
2nd Gear Member

I won't be buying a new car anytime soon. And if I did, it would be *in addition* to this car. I don't plan on selling it anytime soon
Old 12-25-2006, 06:15 PM
05SDI
3rd Gear Member

You will not be disapointed with the JDM stage 2 kit!
And money you have left over save for either tires or tickets! (or both)
05SDI
Old 12-25-2006, 06:41 PM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

and if u need help actually spending the money, i'll help you there

whats most important to you in the car? daily driveability, or raw strip power? perhaps a little of both?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:36 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

not trying to be an ***; but why didnt you buy the saleen that come w/ a sc. that way it will holds it vaule
Old 12-26-2006, 04:02 AM
gttt

god damn your car is beautiful. i was actually thinking of getting mine repainted that same color, cuz i got it used and didnt really have a choice ( got a great deal tho). dunno how much paint jobs run. anyways thats it...have fun!!!
Old 12-26-2006, 04:28 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I like how this guys mind works. lol
**blush** lol

If you are keeping the car then by all means go all out. As it stands now, I am keeping my car for a good long time too. Providing nothing super nice comes along.

I was about to pull the trigger on a whipple last month money in handand stopped myself for now. But that is me. After thinking about the whole car. I felt that since the car was running sooooo well with the brenspeed goodies and the other typical bolt ons. And put a smile on my face every time I hammer it, starts in cold weather, etc etc etc. High 12's is fast enough for now for a daily driver for me. I stillthink I am going tobolt on theshelby brembos I picked up for giggles when they were absurdly cheap, and maybedo shocks, stickier tires one day when I have abused the stockBFG's a bit more.

Just have a solid goal for what you want to end up with in the end. I personally,am not into tearing into the internals of a brand new car I just paid 30K for, EVER !!. Justproceed slowly and you cannot go wrong with these things. There is a couple05+ owners floating around onvarious forumsthat have close to 70K dollars into their stangs including the original purchase price.All that money, just to achieve a car that is very nice, but still not as fast in a straight line or around a track as a ZO6.In the mustang I feel great that it runs as well as it does for what it cost, knowing full well its limitations, and its strengths.

So I would do a nice blower that is safe for the bottom end as is. Then take a breather and figure out what else the car needs and go from there. Make one change at once.

Of course, this is all just my 0.02. It is your car, your money, you are do what you wish with it of course.
Old 12-26-2006, 04:53 AM
daydark
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

not trying to be an ***; but why didnt you buy the saleen that come w/ a sc. that way it will holds it vaule
Great question. The reason why is that, when I bought it, I had just moved back to the US from Asia (Hong Kong, then Manila, Philippines), and I needed a car. A dealership in Houston had my N/A Saleen on the lot, and I snagged it. To get a Saleen S/C version I would have had to wait at least a month for the order. I needed a car to drive when I got here

EDIT: Thanks for all the responses. The input is much appreciated. Any additional input would also be appreciated!

Quick Reply: $8,000 to spend - Help me spend it!