Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shelby CS hood pins

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2006, 01:17 AM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Default Shelby CS hood pins

Ok seriously.......what is the deal with the Shelby functional hood pins?? I orderd a set from Hillbank motorsports back in October and i still have not recieved them.....everytime i call Hillbank they tell me they are on back order....anyone have any details on whats up??
Old 12-30-2006, 01:36 AM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Shelby CS hood pins

i was told by partscheap.com that the hood pins for the shelby won't work for our cars unless you've got the shelby hood, etc. now, this comes from scott drake who makes the pins for vehicles like the gt-h. my order was cancelled because partscheap didn't want me to ruin my hood.
Old 12-30-2006, 10:58 AM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

i was told by partscheap.com that the hood pins for the shelby won't work for our cars unless you've got the shelby hood, etc. now, this comes from scott drake who makes the pins for vehicles like the gt-h. my order was cancelled because partscheap didn't want me to ruin my hood.
Well they lied to you, the shelby hood pins are nothing special about them. I have a friend with a full 3D Carbon kit includin hood which has the shelby pins, but there are other brands out there in the same style if you wish it. There s nothing specific about the hood to relate to the pins.
Old 12-30-2006, 03:34 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

So what are the other alternative functional hood pin kits? Who makes them....some websites would be great so i can research them.....thanks again for everything
Old 12-30-2006, 04:05 PM
mattblasi
3rd Gear Member

Sorry I should have posted links so people would know that $60 for hood pins is a bit of a reach =)

Here ya go
http://www.jegs.com/webapp/wcs/store...Term=hood+pins

http://store.summitracing.com/egnsea...nresults=false

One is for Summit Racing the other is for Jegs =)
Old 12-30-2006, 06:02 PM
07AlloyGT
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mattblasi

ORIGINAL: 07AlloyGT

Well they lied to you, the shelby hood pins are nothing special about them. I have a friend with a full 3D Carbon kit includin hood which has the shelby pins, but there are other brands out there in the same style if you wish it. There s nothing specific about the hood to relate to the pins.
all i can say is partscheap talked directly to scott drake who made the hood pins they were selling and he said they wouldn't work with a conventional GT.
Old 01-01-2007, 09:37 PM
Murray968

So did I, I'm still waiting for them too. I got tired of waiting and am in the process of trying to get my money back. Why do they sell things they don't have??
Old 02-15-2007, 11:02 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

well they lied to you because i just installed them and the work jus fine and look kick ***.....I'll post up some pics when its light out
Old 02-16-2007, 03:46 AM
Orion_240
6th Gear Member

Another important rule when buying things for your Mustang is - Don't Expect it to be in Stock!
Very few sites will actually tell you on the ordering page how many they have in stock.
If you can, once you find the pins you want, get their 800 # and call to see if they are in stock, or if they won't charge you until they arrive.
And you'll probably have to tell them to post better photos and installation instructions, too!
Old 02-16-2007, 04:25 PM
Fireguy28
2nd Gear Member

Turns out Shelby was the cause of the Delay not Hillbank......so i just cancelled from hillback and reordered from Shelby.....

Quick Reply: Shelby CS hood pins