Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Supercharger Time BUT....

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2007, 12:06 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Supercharger Time BUT....

Looks like I may be able to go with Saleen, I have Victor Ford and Bill Kay Ford that I'm calling tomorrow morning, they are both Saleen dealerships. I don't know if this means they'll Supercharge a customers ride or they just sell the cars, will know more in the morning and I'll post it then.
Old 01-03-2007, 12:09 AM
retfr8flyr
3rd Gear Member

Good luck.

Earl
Old 01-03-2007, 01:07 AM
06SSGT
1st Gear Member

Magnacharger. It's $4500 and an extra $200 for a 3/36 powertrain warrantee.
Old 01-03-2007, 02:40 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

i was about to say; just find a dealer that sells saleens and roushes. hey; if a dealer cant put it on; dont have them...they'll just mess it up.

from what ive heard; frpp; roush; saleen will still keep your warr.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:04 AM
AmericanMuscle4.6GT
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: johnnyv8

i was about to say; just find a dealer that sells saleens and roushes. hey; if a dealer cant put it on; dont have them...they'll just mess it up.

+1 to that.

the roush blower is a little iffy with HP output; but nonetheless a safe way to go.
the saleen blower i think will get you a ton more HP (talk to Jim at JDM)
the vortech, meh, stay away from IMO i've heard people who have just not gotten the claimed HP but again these are just stories(individual cases)

also factor in which type of blower (centri Vs. Roots/screw)?

the Kenne Bell says adios to the warranty, but hello to asskicking performance. cheaper than the whipple (FRPP) as well

consider also the magnacharger; has a special bypass valve yadayadayada

procharger: again, part with your warranty, but yields fantastic HP and upgrade-ability.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:01 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Agreed 100%, but the dealers I called first have guys who I race with, they know how to work this car top to bottom. The other dealers I called I was hoping they had the talent, if they said they did I would of course want some proof, how many have they done etc... before parting with several thousand hard earned bucks. I've found 2 dealers that are local somewhat and handle Saleens which right now is my top pick since they won't touch the whipple based SC's.

I know Victor Ford and have done business with them before, but it was a long time ago, right now they are my top pick.

Old 01-03-2007, 11:06 AM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: AmericanMuscle4.6GT

+1 to that.

the roush blower is a little iffy with HP output; but nonetheless a safe way to go.
the saleen blower i think will get you a ton more HP (talk to Jim at JDM)
the vortech, meh, stay away from IMO i've heard people who have just not gotten the claimed HP but again these are just stories(individual cases)

also factor in which type of blower (centri Vs. Roots/screw)?

the Kenne Bell says adios to the warranty, but hello to asskicking performance. cheaper than the whipple (FRPP) as well

consider also the magnacharger; has a special bypass valve yadayadayada

procharger: again, part with your warranty, but yields fantastic HP and upgrade-ability.
Which type is less of a factor than which will keep the warranty. If the Vortech did then I would go with it, I'm not looking for the MOST horsepower, making 400 to the wheels is pretty easy with most of the ones on the market right now but the Saleen makes 400 to the wheels safer than most so it's probably what I'm going with.Since I hope to use my CAI with it I get value from that purchase as well. We'll see what Victor says when I talk to them at 9:00am.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Old 01-03-2007, 04:33 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

Forget any Ford dealer installing the Saleen SC in IL, I made contact with Rich at Saleen and will be making plans for a road trip to Detroit for 2 days for them to install the SC. I'll have more info tomorrow, they are doing inventory today so they are real busy.

Things are looking up, if Saleen does this install I keep 3 years 36k miles plus my maint plan, confirmation on maint plan tomorrow.
Old 01-03-2007, 04:44 PM
pcdrj
2nd Gear Member

There's alot of conflicting info about warantys and mods. I've read more than one post where someone's been told it's covered only to end up in court. IMO getting it done right and having reliability is better than gettinga "warranty". Also, the most important part of installing any power adder is the tune. I had JDM Engineering do my car. They've installed more Saleens than anybody else and to date have not lost a motor.My carput down 470 rwhp and ran 11.87 on street tires with 93 octane. I drive the car virtually every day and use it for errands, Christmans shopping, whatever. Currently at 13k miles.
Old 01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
viking396
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pcdrj

There's alot of conflicting info about warantys and mods. I've read more than one post where someone's been told it's covered only to end up in court. IMO getting it done right and having reliability is better than gettinga "warranty". Also, the most important part of installing any power adder is the tune. I had JDM Engineering do my car. They've installed more Saleens than anybody else and to date have not lost a motor.My carput down 470 rwhp and ran 11.87 on street tires with 93 octane. I drive the car virtually every day and use it for errands, Christmans shopping, whatever. Currently at 13k miles.
I think most agree that getting it done right and reliableis top priority, however I expect people to back up their work. If this were a purpose built car for drag racing I couldn't care less about a warranty because I would be installing the Supercharger and backing up my own work. I fully expect Saleen to install the SC, do it right , reliable AND back it 100% for 3 years and 36,000 miles.

I hope to have arrangements made tomorrow morning tobring my car to Saleen in Detroitfor the install, I'll be asking them to use my CAI as well since it will out flow that box they use.

Quick Reply: Supercharger Time BUT....