Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP!

Old 01-06-2007, 08:24 PM
gibsonjb

Default HELP!

I'm not sure whats going on, but my stang is acting weird. I recently had stage 3 cams installed, along with all the other bolt ons and full exhaust with a 3000 stall torque converter. The car ran like a beast for a month, but now it seems to be slow all of a sudden, like I'm haulin a mack truck hooked to my rear bumper. No check engine light. I'm wondering if a cylinder is not firing or something, cuz the shop who did the cams forgot to plug in the coil on the 1rst cylinder drivers side. I drove around for a week on 7 cylinders before I figured it out and plugged the coil back in. Car ran great afterward but as i said, has run with less power since yesterdaySo has dumping fuel into a nonfunctioning cylinder for 500 milesfouled a plug or sumthing? My tune shop said that should not cause problems unless I have driven a few thousand miles with a non-functioning cylinder. Any thoughts on what I should do? If that shop effed up my car by forgeting to plug that coil in I'm gonna be pissed.
Old 01-06-2007, 08:56 PM
Rupp
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP!

I would take it back to the shop. Didn't you get some type of warranty?
Old 01-06-2007, 09:25 PM
Stone
2nd Gear Member

Going to agree if nothing else just tell them how it's running and ask them to take a look if something is wrong you don't want to drive with it longer and make it worse.
Old 01-06-2007, 11:04 PM
gibsonjb

Well, strange but I took the car out todayto see if this was some kind of anomaly, and the car is running like a beast again. Tool a stopwatch with me and I got a 0-40 mph of 2.3 seconds and a 0-60 of 4.4. I can't explain this.
Old 01-07-2007, 12:24 AM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Now when you had the cams done you had them put in new spriings as well.. correct..??
Old 01-07-2007, 01:19 AM
gibsonjb

Yes I had the springs changed as well. Like I said, the car is back to its beastly form today. I have no idea what yesterday's sluggishness was all about

Search this Thread