Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Pypes x pipe problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2007, 12:10 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

Default Pypes x pipe problems

Well I went to the dyno last night and was going to doa dyno run of before and after of the installation of my pypes x pipe.

Well I did a baseline run with C&L intake and brenspeed tune. 276rwhp. I was happy with that. So then I wanted to see what power after the installation of the O/R x pipe. Well when they tried to install it, there were a few things wrong. The Top right o2 housing was not going to fit and if they did it would be right up against the tranny, so it needs the bung welded in a different spot. also the flanges needed to be cut down on the top right side and it will leak.the left side hanger hook is pressed tightly up against the bottom of the car. I'm sure that will make for some nice sound going down the road. [:@]

All in all I was dissapointed. I thought people had good experience with these pypes x pipe. Well when you probably make alot of them im sure there a few to get messed up. also you get what you pay for.

Im just going to tweak them and make it work. The only thing that really bugged me is the o2 housing was way off. Not even close to fitting. I wonder if there ia a auto x pipe or a x pipe for a manual. The shop took some pictures, but he hasnt emailed them to me yet.
Old 01-09-2007, 01:22 PM
gtrichyo6
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Pypes x pipe problems

sorry to here about your bad luck. I have the same system and they fit perfect . I would call pypes to see if they could do something
Old 01-09-2007, 01:26 PM
sowaxeman
Retired Moderator

I wouldn't touch it - I would call and get it exchanged. I have a Pypes o/r H and the fitment was perfect. No issues with hangers, flanges or the bungs so I would not hack it up and "settle" for it. Send it back and get a replacement as it is very possible you have a defective unit.
Old 01-10-2007, 12:47 AM
RetroS197
1st Gear Member

I just ordered the off road X pype yesterday, I am not happy to here that. hope you get it to work ok.
Old 01-10-2007, 10:57 AM
RetroS197
1st Gear Member

like I said, i ordered it the other day.. HOW MUCH POWER GAIN DO WE GET WITH JUST THE X PIPE?? ANYONE??
Old 01-10-2007, 03:53 PM
probinator
3rd Gear Member

I have it on finally with just stock mufflers and its sounds good. but I still need to bend the hangers. there hitting the bottom of my car, so whenI floor it something is hitting. It might have just been a bad set I got. I just thought I could rig it to work. but looks like it might be a loss for me. I'm taking it to a professional today to see if they can adjust it and check for leaks. and rig it to work correctly.
Old 01-13-2007, 02:57 AM
RetroS197
1st Gear Member

I now have the exact same problem with my PYPes X o/r, the bung is in the wrong spot. and the drivers side connection of the two pipes is at an angle. I am very disapointed with PYPES ****ty exhaust.

ORIGINAL: probinator

Well I went to the dyno last night and was going to doa dyno run of before and after of the installation of my pypes x pipe.

Well I did a baseline run with C&L intake and brenspeed tune. 276rwhp. I was happy with that. So then I wanted to see what power after the installation of the O/R x pipe. Well when they tried to install it, there were a few things wrong. The Top right o2 housing was not going to fit and if they did it would be right up against the tranny, so it needs the bung welded in a different spot. also the flanges needed to be cut down on the top right side and it will leak.the left side hanger hook is pressed tightly up against the bottom of the car. I'm sure that will make for some nice sound going down the road. [:@]

All in all I was dissapointed. I thought people had good experience with these pypes x pipe. Well when you probably make alot of them im sure there a few to get messed up. also you get what you pay for.

Im just going to tweak them and make it work. The only thing that really bugged me is the o2 housing was way off. Not even close to fitting. I wonder if there ia a auto x pipe or a x pipe for a manual. The shop took some pictures, but he hasnt emailed them to me yet.
Old 01-14-2007, 06:48 PM
AlloyGT07

Sounds like maybe you both received X-pipes for a different model of vehicle....where did you order it?