Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

CHEAP BLOWER!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2007, 02:47 AM
FredTT
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: CHEAP BLOWER!!!!

I'm a strong oppenent to YGWYPF. Whatever people want to belive, there are deals out there. The powerdyne centrifigal supercharger is a good kit, and is comparable in quality to the Vortech kit. Now, I wouldn't get a non-intercooled supercharger, but for the price, this is a HELL of a good deal.

Its funny how the people who come in here and talk about how powerdyne is crap (or cheap is bad) all have less then 50 posts....

Go for it, to be honest, thats for pointing it out. I may have to go for it as well. I'm not looking for amazing power, and this seems to be a great $/hp deal.

~Fred
Old 01-12-2007, 03:23 AM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

yea im in the same boat i mean i cant push more than 450rwhp on the before rebuilding the motor anyways

i mean 3k is a big damn difference
Old 01-12-2007, 01:09 PM
Haulupki
1st Gear Member

What does the my number of post have to do with anything in this thread ? I only post whenI have something constuctive to add. What I should have said maybe was to be sure to make the right decision for his wants and needs. Price alone should not be the determining factor and shoud carry less weight in the decision making process than quality.I tryto bye the best products I can then do all the dirty work myself thats wereI would try and save the money.
Old 01-12-2007, 01:46 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

I have a Chevy pickup that I put a Powerdyne supercharger on. Honestly I was not impressed with the power gains. I bought the Powerdyne because I got a deal through Summit Racing (15% off). I was looking to do a supercharger and that was the one I could afford at the time. There were a few parts missing from the package but they shipped them out to me in 2 days.

Not only was I not impressed with the power, but literally like ONE week after the warranty ran out on it, it started squealing like crazy and I had to remove the belt before I melted the thing into a solid chunk of metal. Eventually I'll take it to a shop and have it repaired so that I can sell the truck and buy Mustang parts.

Maybe my particular Powerdyne was a rare faulty one, but my experience with it was enough to make me never think of buying one again. It's not like I raced around and abused it.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:48 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Usually, but sometimes you're just getting screwed.

ORIGINAL: Haulupki

buyer beware, you usually get what you pay for.
Old 01-12-2007, 02:54 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Maybe you screwed the pooch sort of speak on the installation. You weren't impressed with the power gains? Did you have it dynoed?

ORIGINAL: suoperdave84

I have a Chevy pickup that I put a Powerdyne supercharger on. Honestly I was not impressed with the power gains. I bought the Powerdyne because I got a deal through Summit Racing (15% off). I was looking to do a supercharger and that was the one I could afford at the time. There were a few parts missing from the package but they shipped them out to me in 2 days.

Not only was I not impressed with the power, but literally like ONE week after the warranty ran out on it, it started squealing like crazy and I had to remove the belt before I melted the thing into a solid chunk of metal. Eventually I'll take it to a shop and have it repaired so that I can sell the truck and buy Mustang parts.

Maybe my particular Powerdyne was a rare faulty one, but my experience with it was enough to make me never think of buying one again. It's not like I raced around and abused it.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:30 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

No I didn't have it dynoed and I didn't install it myself. A friend of mine who worked for a turbo shop down the street did it at his house. He knew what he was doing. It was a pretty straight forward setup though...not a lot to mess up.
Old 01-12-2007, 04:33 PM
bonedaddyjr06
1st Gear Member

so would you recommend the kit? i mean its not a twin screw and stuff but i havnt heard really anything bad about them
Old 01-12-2007, 04:49 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Powerdyne has been around for a good long time, they got to be doing something right... and comeon, a blower on a chevy truck, if it was an older one, ie:5.7l or 5.0l, you would need major head and intake work for it to be worth a damn, if it was a newer vortech series, 5.3, 6.0 etc, something wasnt tuned right for you not to have decent power gains. as far as it grenading on you, anything could have cause that, a faulty bearing, too much tension, any thing.
Old 01-12-2007, 06:34 PM
06GT4RAD
5th Gear Member

Powerdyne makes a decent Entry Level Supercharger however they will require belt replacements and bearings changes pretty often. I know many guys that had tried them on there F-150's due to the low cost and have spent more on belt and bearing changes putting them at what a Procharger or Vortech would have cost to begin with. Just be advised they are inexpensive for a reason. The Powerdyne also have no room for growth meaning you get what it is and cannot increase boost. Also 7-8 PSI on non inter cooled boost is very dangerous the intake charge is still going to get very hot. Most of the Powerdyne only run
6 PSI because of this

Richard

Quick Reply: CHEAP BLOWER!!!!