Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MANUAL OR AUTO

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 02:54 AM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

Default RE: MANUAL OR AUTO

well-nt bashing either of the two-bt in the words of a long time poster of this site"manual transmissions impress high-school kids/autos win races.....screw high school kids"but hey-i like em both if it's in a stang
Old 01-15-2007, 03:00 AM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: DAVE06GT

well-nt bashing either of the two-bt in the words of a long time poster of this site"manual transmissions impress high-school kids/autos win races.....screw high school kids"but hey-i like em both if it's in a stang
Can't say I agree with that. Stock for Stock, mod for mod, the manual is faster
Old 01-15-2007, 03:05 AM
DAVE06GT
1st Gear Member

based on your mods, its a questionable debate and its also a preferred thing too i guess
Old 01-15-2007, 03:38 AM
Jerseyfury2
4th Gear Member

nobody will EVER be able to shift as fast as an auto. Get the auto man. i would love to see someone on this site that would be able to stock for stock manual GT vs auto GT be able to beat the auto with the stick. Autos are better for racing, sticks are better for fun. Plus 60 miles a day....ur right arm is gonna be noticably bigger than your left lol. Plus if you ever line up with anyone on the road, you never have to worry about missing a shift or overgassing and burning out.....auto is the way to go.
Old 01-15-2007, 03:55 AM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

this auto imo arent that great; and dont shift all that fast. and they can not down shift for the life of them (alteast not the 05's)

I love my 5spd stick and auto will never be as fun as stick.
Old 01-15-2007, 05:47 AM
mygt500
Multi-Tasking Moderator!

I agree with you but manual can be a hinderance if the driver doesn't know what they are doing. [sm=exactly.gif]
ORIGINAL: DAVE06GT

Can't say I agree with that. Stock for Stock, mod for mod, the manual is faster

[/quote] The last part is a quote too!
Old 01-15-2007, 12:48 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

Also don't forget, auto's have more parasitic loss meaning less hp to the wheels, so that definitely plays into it[8D]
Old 01-15-2007, 12:58 PM
Archion
4th Gear Member

Oh jesus... not again...
Old 01-15-2007, 01:23 PM
impaler
1st Gear Member

Seems like a Pepsi/Coke debate to me. There will never be an answer. I have an auto, and I sometimes miss the manual of my old 'Stang. But I have to say, I do mostly city driving, and it's nicer to not have to worry about the clutch and such. However, I agree that many consider it only a muscle car if it's a manual. But since I don't give a rat's a** what anyone thinks, it's not an issue for me.
Old 01-15-2007, 01:35 PM
suoperdave84
4th Gear Member

Yeah I don't care what anyone thinks either...but if you want proof of the mighty automatic, visit any racetrack where they're not racing civics and take a look in the racecars. They run automatics for a reason.

I told the dealership I didn't care if my car was manual or auto, and the cheapest GT on the lot just happened to be an automatic. Everything else was about $3000 more. So I happily took the automatic. Now if I have to answer my phone in the car I won't crash into a bus full of baby nuns.

Quick Reply: MANUAL OR AUTO