Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Crashed @ Track - Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2007, 08:03 PM
moosestang
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Crashed @ Track - Pictures

So what happened? Some oil on the track perhaps? I read in another post that you did it after shifting into second. Were you power shifting?

I know I don't have as much hp as you, but i've never felt my *** end slide at the track shifting into second. That's no power shifting either.

how much Hp do you have at the wheels now?

Old 01-15-2007, 08:53 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

hey nothsa, first of all sorry to hear about the accident and thank God you're not hurt, but is there any advice you would give to a racing newbie to avoid getting into a spill?
Old 01-15-2007, 09:18 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: moosestang

So what happened? Some oil on the track perhaps? I read in another post that you did it after shifting into second. Were you power shifting?

I know I don't have as much hp as you, but i've never felt my *** end slide at the track shifting into second. That's no power shifting either.

how much Hp do you have at the wheels now?

Just with a CAI and Tune I was getting myself into trouble on the 1-2 powershift. After the 2nd or 3rd time my nose was pointed towards the wall I gave up running at night with the stock rubber. The track he was running at OSW (Orlando Speed World) is AKA SpinWorld. They almost never put VHT down for the TnT's and track prep is non exsistant, unless its an event or the big guys do a track rental. If I had my mods done to my car I would have been running at OSW this past weekend for a private rental $200 a car but only like 6-8 cars and great prep. The other cars are all trailered in and running crazy times like 8-9 second passes. They are the guys I know from one of my local clubs.

The really bad part for him was that OSW just installed the Cement barriers over the holiday break, as its required for the 2007 events. So I bet he was the first person to tag the new wall. Hell he should have gotten out a marker and signed the wall where he hit it... If they still had the old metal gaurd rails in the damage probably would have been much less.
Old 01-15-2007, 09:21 PM
06stangGT
4th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jay0heavenly

hey nothsa, first of all sorry to hear about the accident and thank God you're not hurt, but is there any advice you would give to a racing newbie to avoid getting into a spill?
[sm=exactly.gif]

wondering the same thing...
Old 01-15-2007, 09:46 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

Best advice is take the car while it is stock to the track. Lower teh pressure in the rear tires and turn off the traction control.
Its easier to learn and get a feel for the track when you have less power.

Which is why you don't get into a 500+ rwhp car and make you first pass at a track in it.

Old 01-15-2007, 10:00 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

I hear ya VSOP, one more q, would drag radials help out a lot too? Cuz the stock rubber SUCKS (I'm not racing in my 20's of course).
Old 01-15-2007, 10:04 PM
vsop
3rd Gear Member

DR's will help, but you can run into wheel hop issue that will require some LCA's or an UCA to get rid of it
Old 01-15-2007, 11:11 PM
blackout
5th Gear Member

I highly recommend getting into drag radials or slicks for the track. Especially in the case I was in being stupid enough to go to a track that doesn't even prep their track for weeks maybe months depending if they have an even like vsop said.

That cement wall was very unforgiving,but with those old cheap side-rails there I probably would've just bounced off of it.

-Jeff
Old 01-15-2007, 11:20 PM
jay0heavenly
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vsop

DR's will help, but you can run into wheel hop issue that will require some LCA's or an UCA to get rid of it
Already on my list before I hit the track![8D]
Old 01-16-2007, 12:21 AM
cheftjpeck
5th Gear Member

dude that sux..I am glad to hear you are ok...srry bout your car though....good luck in getting it fixed...

Quick Reply: Crashed @ Track - Pictures